• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D20 Modern] Stargate SG-1 - Part II - It's getting warmer

KitanaVorr

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0725 hours, June 3, 2003

Keia said:
Any clues that could have been gleaned about prior buttons pushed had been burned away from what appeared to be several burn marks on all of the press plates of the device. A crust of blackened dirt covered the plates as well, but the plates and the device appeared undamaged.

"Our Naga friends have been playing with the stargate. Good thing it holds up well to their heat." Lorelai began to clean off the plates with her fingers. "I can't tell what buttons were pressed before them. Three guesses I don't need to tell me that they don't how to get back either. Maybe there's something lying around that will tell us. Our maybe whoever sent us here can tell us why the hell there are these things imprisoned down her."

Glancing at Durant, she arched one slender black brow. 'I think your superiors might know far more than you think."

kid A

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Andreev could feel the searing heat on the soles of his feet as his boots began to fail him, before he entering the warehouse and the relatively cooler floor.

It was the smell he noticed first. Initially, he had simply thought it was coming from the many pools of lava that seemed to engulf the warehouse floor. There was a distinct scent of burnt rubber, however, which didn't seem to fit in at all with the otherwise overwhelming odor of sulfur.

When it became clear to him exactly what was happening to his boots, he uttered a long string of curses, their meaning known only to those fluent in russian. He began to run, as quickly and carefully as possible, to where Lorelai stood before the Stargate's control panel. His feet burning from the heat of the melted boots, and sweat soaking his fatigues, he felt quite irritated already, and ready for anything to help him get his mind off his current situation. He called over to Lorelai, "What is it I can do to help, Doctor?"

MadThinker

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Donovan pulled the rope back up after Ilianov had unfastened his harness. When he was pulling the rope back up, he smelled burning rubber, and looked around the room to see where it was coming from. He looked down the shaft when he couldn't find anything in the room, and he saw Ilianov start run and disappear into the room below.

It must be hot as hell down there! Maybe I should be glad I'm still up here!

Donovan wound the rope around his arm, and put it back in a bag to keep itcool and intact.

Last edited:

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Her attention was drawn away from the bubbling lava pools by a string of words uttered in an unknown language. Even if the words were foreign, the tone of voice made their intent very clear. She looked up to see Andreev bolting across the room, running as if his feet were on fire. Her eyes widened when she noticed the fact that his shoes were indeed melting. "Ilianov! Are you all right?" she called across the room, trying to remember if she was carrying a first aid kit.

kid A

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Her eyes widened when she noticed the fact that his shoes were indeed melting. "Ilianov! Are you all right?" she called across the room, trying to remember if she was carrying a first aid kit.

Arriving at the control panel, he answered back, "Thank you, Miss Fallon, but no. My injuries, however, will have to wait until we can get the Stargate operational!" Andreev felt a feeling of gratitude wash over him at his teammate's concern. His feet were indeed burning, and he really needed a drink, but his injuries were going to be much worse, apparently, if he couldn't find a way to get the Stargate online and send their new "friends" home.

Doctor Nguyen appeared to be studying the control panel as he arrived. In his mind, he began scouring the schematics of the Stargate, trying to remember every useful piece of information he could. "How can I best assist you, Doctor?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Lt. Stewart was haggling with Leonard over his canteen when he heard the gate codes come over the radio. Instead of taking the canteen, Stewart 'borrowed' it (actually tearing it from Campbell like a football) and doused himself with the liquid.

Lucas Fisher said:
"Ready to face the furnace again?" He joked, buoyed by the brief respite from the infernal heat inside. Taking a last breath of the cooler air, he quickly made his way back down into the warehouse.

Stewart held out Campbell's half-empty canteen to the others use before tossing it back to Leonard. Lt. Reed looked to Lucas first, motioning with her hand that she was offering the water to him first.

"Sure, sugah," she replied in her Southern accent. "though I wished we had more flammables. Too bad we couldn't cut a tree down or somethin', at least we got some flares an' whatnot."

OOC: Lucas

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Meanwhile, Montoya reached the top landing of the metal grating and leaned out the access panel, "Hey," he called up to Donovan, "how about giving a soldier a lift?"

Montoya had an easy smile on his face, but his face looked drawn and somewhat pale. He appeared to be gripping the sides of the access panel too hard. To Donovan's critical medical eye, something was definitely wrong with Sgt. Montoya.

OOC: Donovan

Last edited:

MadThinker

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Montoya had an easy smile on his face, but his face looked drawn and somewhat pale. He appeared to be gripping the sides of the access panel too hard. To Donovan's critical medical eye, something was definitely wrong with Sgt. Montoya.

"Sure thing!" replied Donovan. He went to the bag with the ropes in it and grabbed a new piece of rope. He figured he should just use a new one, and stretch the use of the available rope. He didn't want anyone stuck down there. Except maybe Nguyen. He went back to the edge of the shaft and secured the rope. Then he threw one end of it down to Montoya while holding tight to the other end. As he watched Montoya go for the rope, he noticed something strange. His condition was definitely worse than it had been when they came to the warehouse not too long ago. Maybe the heat was affecting him, but whatever it was, he knew that Montoya couldn't stay here. He needed medical attention, and fast. Donovan began pulling Montoya up as quickly as he could, so he could get out of here.

Calim

First Post
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Jeremiah moves to help Lorelei at her position. "I don't think it would be wise to bother them again until we get the flammables to give them. It is also highly likely you are correct about them not knowing how to get home. They seem to be a simple people and it is likely someone here brought them through."

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Outside Warehouse 37
Las Vegas, Nevada
0726 hours, June 3, 2003

Durant looked across the warehouse, taking it all in. How the hell am I supposed to get my people safely to another world and back when we can't figure out how to get these fire-snakes off our planet. He spent a moment taking in the lava pools as well. He was trying to look at everything from a different perspective, look for patterns or clues that were not obvious otherwise.

Then Andreev ran past him with his boots smoking.
You have got to be kidding me.

Remove ads