• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20 Past] What should be in Volume II?

Ranger REG

Explorer
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
What is so hard about doing Ancient Greece with D20 Past?

The biggest differences are equipment and mastercraft items, from what I can see. A few feats (eg Personal Firearms Proficiency) become useless, and a few AdCs (such as the Techie) have to vanish. That's about it, as far as I can see.
With a lot of third-party d20 products out there, including OGL Ancients, why do gamers still want WotC to make such a product?

Krieg

First Post
Ranger REG said:
With a lot of third-party d20 products out there, including OGL Ancients, why do gamers still want WotC to make such a product?

1. Some folks want "official" coverage.

2. More options are never a bad thing.

Ymdar

Explorer
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
What is so hard about doing Ancient Greece with D20 Past?

My point exactly.
After playing d20m I found it to be *better* than D&D...for one time I was working on retooling it to be used in a fantasy era. But I halted the project because WoTC stole my idea... :)

Katowice

Explorer
Me too, I've got all my Weird War II books and V for Victory. They could probably do a whole 96 page book just on d20 WWII.

Ranger REG said:
For now, I want more game information for the time period of 1450 to 1940 (maybe 1945). I was so hoping they adapted V is for Victory WW II mini-game (from Poly magazine) for d20 Modern ruleset.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Krieg said:
1. Some folks want "official" coverage.

2. More options are never a bad thing.
But from WotC? Meh.

Short of calling for a Spanish-style inquisition, how do we convince WotC label fans that there are quality products from third parties?

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
But from WotC? Meh.

Short of calling for a Spanish-style inquisition, how do we convince WotC label fans that there are quality products from third parties?

That's a good question. I am guilty of preferring hardback books with high-quality color art as I take a lot of influence and inspiration from imagery. Also, I know what I'm getting (and not getting) with a WotC product.

Just in the last year I started buying some Green Ronin products to test them out. So far, I've liked what I've seen. But, there are probably some really, really good products that are out there that I will never pick up because the low-quality products others have produced have set an unfair precedent.

dougmander

Explorer
Yuan-Ti said:
Doh! How did we miss that? Not to mention the colonial era! (yes, someone is doing one of these and I will be checking it out)

Yes, that would be me. Northern Crown: New World Adventures, coming as a 2-volume hardcover from Atlas Games August 2005. I'm professionally curious to see how d20 Past covers the Age of Exploration!

mmadsen

First Post
When I think of real-world adventurers who were most like D&D adventurers, I think of pirates and conquistadors. And maybe British explorers. That's what I'd most expect from a d20 Past product. And maybe some Renaissance intrigue.

Remove ads