• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d20 Publishers Who Have NOT Given Up Yet...

TheLe

First Post
Oh Yeah!

Warden said:
When it seems that quite a few projects and publishers as a whole are setting aside their d20's, maybe it's a good idea for a role call to show which of us are still working on d20 material and don't plan on giving up just yet.

Count me in. The Unorthodox Series has done very well, so I am going to ride this donkey as far as it will take me. Of course, I am pretty burnt out on editing them, so I won't be releasing anymore til Jan/Feb of 2005.

Until then though, I am concentrating on some miniatures games that uses d20 core mechanics (I cannot officially label it d20 though). The first one is a starship combat game that any 3e player can pick up quickly. Games can last as short as 15 minutes. Look for it in Dec/Jan. <==shameless plug.

I think the d20 system is fantastic and I think it will last for a long while still. Even my first real book, Synergy Artifacts, sold 8 copies so far this month, and that has been out since February. That tells me that d20 books have longevity.

As long as my sales stay steady, which is has, I will stay on this d20 ride for the forseeable future.

HOOAH

~The' Le, aka THE LE GAMES

tensen

First Post
Man-thing said:
I'm pretty sure this is out already. I think its in my wishlist.

Dark Quest has indeed released the PDF of Hammer of the Dwarven Lord via rpgnow.

In 2004 we moved towards producing products in print format. And will be increasing our output towards the print market in 2005.

I have 5-6 mini-PDFs waiting for me to cross the remaining t's and dot the dotless i's. I have a "quick 3.5 update" that's grown the book by 20 pages (and still growing). I have a web update sitting on my machine for over a month. I want to upload it when I release the next PDF.

I have no babies to blame (though we are unsuccessfully trying <sniff>). Just far less free time than I'd prefer. That's not true, it's contiguous free time I lack. I can't work for 10 minutes here and 20 minutes there and write coherently (you've seen my board posts, right?). I need to know I have a few hours to mull and consider what I'm doing or else what I write quickly ends up needing far too much editing.

Jackson

First Post
We're still in!

12 to Midnight is still in, and hope to be around for a while. We have several new projects in line, including Pinebox Places (Includes lotsa gm aids such as maps, adventure seeds, and encounter tables), Pinebox People- twenty plus ready made NPCs that can be dropped into any setting or used in Pinebox, with over a hundred adventure seeds. Pinebox Pawn which includes many interesting artifacts and lotsa adventure seeds, Weathered- a new adventure by Jerry Blakemore, No Trespassing by one of our friends at Aldenminor.com, Conquestador's Curse- which is shaping up very nicely as a fine, fun, twisted adventure, Last Rites II, and a new d20 Modern Campaign that will be done with a Plot Pointed Savage Worlds feel that will knock yer socks off! A new Journal is in the works, and if you haven't gotten yours, they are free on RPGNow.com! As a liscensor for Savage Worlds, all our stuff is done for both systems.

So, yeah, we plan on sticking it out a bit longer! :)

Ed Wetterman
AKA Jackson Green
President, 12 to Midnight, Inc.

"Keep telling yourself its only a game!"

www.12tomidnight.com

DMAndrew

First Post
As the friendly neighborhood Barsoomcore pointed out earlier, Vanishing Goblin is certainly planning to be around for a while.

Upcoming products in the next few months and through 2005 include a Powered by Spycraft campaign in three parts, taking agents from 1st to 20th level (Operation: Detox, followed by The Mainframe Collective, followed by The Arrowhead Merger). In addition, Barsoomcore is writing an M&M Superlink mega-adventure entitled This Vision of Darkness for us. A d20 fantasy campaign, Island of Fire will finally see the light of day after too many delays from other projects. And I am also writing a d20 Modern campaign in two parts (1st to 20th level) that has a real CoC feel to it.

Those are the guaranteed projects for 2005 - but it is very likely that you will see even more books from us in the next year.

We're still publishing d20 material. The next Monster Geographica book (Marsh & Aquatic) will be coming out in January to tag-team with Fiery Dragon's Counter Collection for the monster in MG:M&A which comes out just afterward.

Suzi's reasearching A Magical Society: Silk road (trading goodness!) and I'm plugging away (slowly) at Beast Builder-- The definitive guide to making monsters for d20. We're also concurrently working on our new NPC Files (a single 2 page NPC history statted out for levels 1-20) and our new 1on1 Adventures (adventures for one DM and one PC) which will be PDF only releases.

So, busy little bees we are up here in the Himalyas...

Joseph Browning
Expeditious Retreat Press

Paradigm

First Post
Paradigm Concepts is here and here to stay. The Player's Guide to Arcanis is flying off the shelves, Living Arcanis participation is high and we have a full slate of products coming in 2005.

catsclaw227

First Post
1-on-1 modules from Expeditious Retreat???

jgbrowning said:
... and our new 1on1 Adventures (adventures for one DM and one PC) which will be PDF only releases.

What can I find out about these?????? I am looking to start a 1-on-1 game ASAP.

catsclaw

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads