• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[d20M] League of Extraordinary Gentlemen -- UPDATED 12/4! NOTHING STRESSFUL GOING ON!

Conaill

First Post
Then again, if you see what sort of enemy we were up against in the end, what's the death of a couple of innocents anyway?

Ok, a couple dozen of innocents. ;)

Hm, what was Dr. Jeckyll's secondary objective anyway? (we all know what Hyde's secondary objective is... :D))

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Conaill said:
Hm, what was Dr. Jeckyll's secondary objective anyway? (we all know what Hyde's secondary objective is... :D))

I believe it was to provide aid and comfort to a wounded ally. He had ample opportunity for that.

I should mention, this group did better than the second group I ran through this-- an interesting group, to be sure, as I had 5 female players playing all the male PCs and Nemmerle (the lone male player) playing Mina...

Wulf

JoeCrow

Explorer
Then again, if you see what sort of enemy we were up against in the end, what's the death of a couple of innocents anyway?

Ok, a couple dozen of innocents.

Hey, technically they gave their lives in defense of their country. Sorta. Ish.

They just didn't know about it at the time. Besides, like I said at the time, West works directly for the President. I'm pretty sure he can kill as many people as he needs to, as long as he ends up saving the world. And if we fail, we're all dead anyway, so what does it matter?:D

It's all a matter of perspective...

Hammerhead

Explorer
True, but when it's completely unnecessary death and destruction, that's hardly forgiveable. It's like blowing up hospitals just because you can.

JoeCrow

Explorer
It's not like we [I]sent[/I] him there to kill them.

When West decided to have Griffin scout the camp out, he didn't know how utterly psychotic the dude was. Once the bodies started dropping, there really wasn't anything else to do except clean up. Unfortunately, that included cleaning up any stray witnesses. World In Peril, remember. Greater Good, and all that. :rolleyes:
West figured that if he stuck around to explain and get courtmartialed, then they'd have all died for nothing. Cleaning up Grif's mess and trying to salvage the rest of the mission was his only real option.

Lela

First Post
Re: It's not like we [I]sent[/I] him there to kill them.

JoeCrow said:
Cleaning up Grif's mess and trying to salvage the rest of the mission was his only real option.

You could have come in, killed the Grif, and claimed he was on the other side.

I mean, how useful is an Invisible Guy anyway.;)

JoeCrow

Explorer
<West dope-slaps himself>

Dang, now why didn't I think of that?

Actually, I did consider it briefly, when West and Grif were in the armory. My main problem was that I couldn't justify West doing it based on what he knew at the time. Trying to avoid the meta-game thing, y'know. At the time West only knew that the infiltration had gone sour, not that Grif had gone psycho. Once he figured everything out, it was too late to save anybody, and things were progressing too fast to really get into justified retribution. I'm pretty sure West is considering hunting Grif down at some point and putting him out of the world's misery, though. Boy's just too nasty to let run around loose.

Remove ads