• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dagger rogue's rock.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
At first blush, I totally dismissed Daggermaster as being a viable paragon path for my little halfling rogue, but after tweaking a few feats and choosing magical items, I've realised this paragon path is very cool.

With a 15% chance to crit on any single attack, and with the Critical Opportunity and Meditation of the Blade abilities, you can pump out some serious carnage. Not to mention getting insanely high hit values.

For a 14th-level halfling arftul dodger, I calculated that with two crits in one round (using critical opportunity), my little dagger rogue with 9 Strength, could do 9d8+2d10+52 damage. That's a minimum of 63 damage, average of 103.5 and maximum of 144.

Not to mention that he can average 34.5 points of damage just with his at-will power.

And all of this with a +23 to hit.

I totally love that 4e made dagger rogues cool :)

yu gnomi

Explorer
Just don't fall for Pact Blade cheese with Rogue/Warlock multiclass. Although RAW leaves gray areas, it is clear that Rogue Weapon Talent, Sneak Attack, and Dagger Precision were never meant to apply to Warlock powers.

I only mention it because the issue seems to come up every other week.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads