• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daily Art Preview

Gargazon

First Post
Derren said:
The quality (lighting, etc.) of the picture is of course better than the 3E ones, no question but the Subject (Tarrasque) is imo very lacking. It simply has no trademark feature which, when you see the picture, tells you that this is the Tarrasque. In 3E it was the carapace which defined the look of the Tarrasque. In 4E such a defining feature simply lacks and the Tarrasque looks like any other big lizard monster.

I'm sorry, but whenever I think of the Tarrasque it's the head, with its distinctive horns and GIANT mouth. And I absolutely hate the look of that shell/carapace/whatever the brown sludgey thing's supposed to be. I also challenge you to find a big lizard monster that has a head ANYTHING like that Tarrasque.

Kishin

First Post
Derren said:
Just noticed that you missed your "How to write meaningful posts" course again?

You could probably give Hong the notes for the class he missed if you had ever actually shown up for it yourself.

Also, the problem with the 3E tarrasque was IMO, the way its head was drawn. With beady, too-small eyes, tiny nostrils, and a very blunted lizard-but-not-quite jaw structure. I didn't mind the carapace, but the rest of it just looked so...awkward.

frankthedm

First Post
If you look at the snout, the new big t has some eye like indentations near it's nose holes.

The New Big T ranks above the 3e coloured version. Claudio's Big T stomps the competition flat though.

hamishspence

Adventurer
tarrasque

The pastel pic looks very like the version of the Tarrasque in the back of the DMG2. Was that the source, or is it a fluke that both use similar pose?

Cmarco

First Post
Gigantic horned beast? Check. Maw filled with razor-sharp teeth? Check. Destruction of a civilized location? Check.

Yup. It's the tarrasque.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Well, here are 3 more monster illos that cropped up today, they should fit in here... And speaking of fitting things in, WTF is with depicting female vampires with holes designed into their breastplates? The one spot where armor might be useful for a vampire is instead made a convenient target. :p

excerpt_4E_lich.jpg
excerpt_4E_vampire.jpg

Fallen Seraph

First Post
frankthedm said:
And speaking of fitting things in, WTF is with depicting female vampires with holes designed into their breastplates? The one spot where armor might be useful for a vampire is instead made a convenient target. :p

Ahh, but you see that is in the centre of the chest not off to the side where the heart is, it is a armour/flesh based sword-catcher :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads