• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Damnation Decade: Designer Discussion Thread

Rob Toth

First Post
Hello again--

I'm planning to write up my Gen Con demo after I get back from Indianapolis. It'll fit your specs exactly: about 10-15 pages, four hours in length. As written, it's designed for fifth-level PCs (I'll provide pre-gens) but will be easily scalable down to 1st-3rd level.

I didn't catch that show, but the descriptions of his alleged novels on the Web site are hilarious. What programs, specifically, is he sending up? All I know about Brit horror/fantasy from that period is Clive Barker and certain Dr. Who episodes.

Take care,
Rob

Committed Hero

Adventurer
shaylon said:
If he used any names, even the names of real countries, then Nixon's family might sue over Spobeck, D.B. Coopers long lost cousin could come out of the wood work, and Leonard Nimoy could throw a Vulcan neck pinch on on of the Green Ronin guys down and the San Diego Comic Con.
I can't speak for L-Dog but dead people's estates lack the ability to sue for defamation. Just a note for the future.

Rob Toth

First Post
Hey there, C.H.--

Somewhere in a corner of my head I knew that, but it's good to have it verified. Thanks for the info. (I go into a long-winded discussion of the name stuff in this post, which touches on a few other points I haven't mentioned here.)

Take care,
Rob

dougmander

Explorer
I just read the review. This is a game I would love to DM or play in. I'd be a renegade thrill-driver like Kowalski in Vanishing Point or a free-spirit biker thug a la Easy Rider.

You've done something dear to my heart -- taken a historical period and successfully mythologized it. I think the highest compliment I can think of is, "Darn, I wish I had thought of that!"

Congrats!

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Rob Toth said:
Somewhere in a corner of my head I knew that, but it's good to have it verified. Thanks for the info. (I go into a long-winded discussion of the name stuff in this post, which touches on a few other points I haven't mentioned here.)
I certainly understand the all or nothing decision, though. BTW, thanks for this thread. even if there are decisions about a game world I would have made differently, it's always nice to hear the rationales behind them.

Rob Toth

First Post
A New Site

Hi everybody--

I wanted to announce that http://damnationdecade.com is up and running. I'll be using the space to post new material for the game and answer frequently asked questions.

I've already posted the geography-conversion guide I pointed to in a previous thread. Coming soon: the first module for the game, based on the demo adventure I ran at Gen Con.

Of course, I'll be checking in here and on the Green Ronin forums as well, in case any questions or comments come up.

Take care,
Rob

Remove ads