• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Damnation Decade] Free Module Now Online!

Rob Toth

First Post
Hey there--

Break out the hats and hooters: The first module for DD is available free of charge at damnationdecade.com. Or you can download it by right-clicking here.

In the Hall of the Disco King is a demo adventure from Gen Con Indy 2006, designed for a team of six characters at level five. The module includes a set of pregenerated heroes, as well as GM Characters and extensive maps of Fun City hot spots. You'll need the DD rulebook and d20 Modern Handbook to run the game.

DD is the latest Mythic Vistas campaign setting from Green Ronin Publishing. Inspired by the darkly satiric sci-fi cinema of the 1970s, the game throws the heroes into an off-kilter version of 1976—where the worst-case predictions of a paranoid era came true. The world's environment is collapsing, the oil is running out, and mysterious powers are asserting themselves: The skies are black with UFOs, huge-footed horrors haunt the forests, and prehistoric beasts lurk at the bottom of every lake. And that's the good news. The world will end on December 31, 1979—unless a fearless and funky band of heroes can battle the secret masters of the planet into submission!

To find out the latest about the game, ask a question or leave a comment, visit damnationdecade.com.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Thanks, Rob. :)

I really enjoyed Damnation Decade - I hope to get to run a campaign someday, either as d20 Modern or True20.

Your designer notes were very interesting too - and a good lesson about the importance of "killing your darlings". I remember when you first were discussing what you wanted to do with this book, you were thinking about a sourcebook that would allow for running games similar to Logan's Run (one of my favorite childhood movies). Because of the way DD took shape, you eventually had to cut that idea because it was beyond the scope of the time period you covered. So what are your thoughts or plans on doing something similar for say d20 Future where you can explore movies like Logan's Run or Planet of the Apes?

Rob Toth

First Post
I Love Ya, Tomorrow

Hey there--

I'm glad you liked the game, and I'd love to hear how your prospective campaign plays out. As for the futuristic setting: I'm playing around with that stuff for my own current DD campaign. At some point maybe I'll write up a Web enhancement dealing with some of those possibilities. Keep checking damnationdecade.com!

Take care,
Rob

Ilium

First Post
Ok, I have to admit when I first heard of DD, I thought "Great, more nostalgia for a decade most of us didn't actually enjoy the first time around." Now that I've read up a bit, though, I am just blown away by the concept. Damnation Decade must be mine... :)

Remove ads