D&D 5E Dancer in the sea of time: 5e statistics and lore for a homebrew mythic dragon goddess

Yes and no (well not yet). The first set of rules will be for playing demigods and god. However, in the rules I am working on, the shape of your Exalted Form is basically irrelevant. It is just window dressing. Your abilities are dependent on your ability scores, exalted rank, and manifestations of Authority. What your body looks like is non-consequential. So you could look like a dragon, but it doesn't really change what you can do.

However, I want eventual expand into guidelines for other exalted creatures like: archfiends, archfey, primordials, and dragons! Basically, I am making dragons something unique and different, outside the realm of gods similar to how it was done in BECMI D&D.

Care to elaborate on what you might eventually have planned for dragons?

dave2008

Legend
Her non-combat abilities have been updated and revised. Let me know if there are still things that you consider unnecessary or overly convoluted.
I haven't done a close review, but the issue is really that there is so much. That is the problem with deity stat blocks in general. They can do so much before the become difficult to manage. I will just state that I think the whole thing is to much for a typical 5e monster. The 5e standard is really one page max for a stat block and some of your non combat traits would be in a typical stat block and then it becomes really big. You really need a new type of deity entry (that is what I am trying to make with my immortal rules). So you have to make a choice:
  1. Include everything I want and just except it is a bit of an unwieldy mess and love it for its flavor and inclusiveness. Except that a god is not an easy thing to manage and embrace it. This is basically what I did with my Mythic Tiamat (though I could have gone crazier, so I guess I did a bit of #2).
  2. Pair it down to its essentials, the biggest impact bits and get it on one page.
  3. Refer to a standard. If you look at my 5e Epic Updates you can see a lot things say: refer to Greater God Traits or whatever. If you get some standard deity traits you can reference those.
So, it you choose #1, I think you are good to go. If you choose #2, you have a lot of work to do to decide what to cut (or combine).

dave2008

Legend
Care to elaborate on what you might eventually have planned for dragons?
Unfortunately I can't because I don't know yet! I am still finalize the deity rules. They will have a similar framework as gods, but I want their form, their shape to be an integral part of who they are (even if the can shapechange freely).

Unfortunately I can't because I don't know yet! I am still finalize the deity rules. They will have a similar framework as gods, but I want their form, their shape to be an integral part of who they are (even if the can shapechange freely).

I would be very interested in seeing what you have currently for your immortals rules. Do you have some sort of general overview of them?

dave2008

Legend
Do you have any intention of posting some of them here after you release them through the zine, or will they remain exclusive to your backers?
Yes, at least some things. The gigante in the 5e Mythic Updates is a draft of one that will be in the zine. I am undecided about posting the PC rules, but I imagine I will put some of the stat blocks here at some point.

Yes, at least some things. The gigante in the 5e Mythic Updates is a draft of one that will be in the zine. I am undecided about posting the PC rules, but I imagine I will put some of the stat blocks here at some point.

Now that the statistics bock is about as complete as I can make it, please feel free to link this in your mythic updates! Assuming that it is something you still want to do.

I haven't done a close review, but the issue is really that there is so much. That is the problem with deity stat blocks in general. They can do so much before the become difficult to manage. I will just state that I think the whole thing is to much for a typical 5e monster. The 5e standard is really one page max for a stat block and some of your non combat traits would be in a typical stat block and then it becomes really big. You really need a new type of deity entry (that is what I am trying to make with my immortal rules). So you have to make a choice:
  1. Include everything I want and just except it is a bit of an unwieldy mess and love it for its flavor and inclusiveness. Except that a god is not an easy thing to manage and embrace it. This is basically what I did with my Mythic Tiamat (though I could have gone crazier, so I guess I did a bit of #2).
  2. Pair it down to its essentials, the biggest impact bits and get it on one page.
  3. Refer to a standard. If you look at my 5e Epic Updates you can see a lot things say: refer to Greater God Traits or whatever. If you get some standard deity traits you can reference those.
So, it you choose #1, I think you are good to go. If you choose #2, you have a lot of work to do to decide what to cut (or combine).

The reason why her statistics block is so complicated is because she is not designed to be a typical monster, rather she is designed to have enough options to make her viable as an extremely powerful character.

I offhandedly mentioned back in post #1 that I have actually played her as a pc. So part of why there is so much clutter is because you are essentially looking at her character sheet (for lack of a better term).

Remove ads