D&D 5E Dancer in the sea of time: 5e statistics and lore for a homebrew mythic dragon goddess

Reminds me of the Dragon God of Time/Plane(t) AKA and his splinter deities (Akatosh, Auri-El, Alduin, Ruptga/Tall Papa, Satak-Akel/Satakal, etc) from The Elder Scrolls.

Interesting, I was not aware that there was such a thing in that game! I apologize for the rough patches and difficulty with some of the formatting and usability (particularly with the stat block). I am still working on making things more clear and smoothing down the rough edges.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I think formatting it more like in the books would help me wrap my head around the stats, but that's understandably hard to do so in the forum format options.

Yeah, it is, and given that I wanted to add some sections that most of the tools that format things like they are in the books would not allow (the bonus actions section, and a clearly labeled traits section amongst other things), I was pretty much forced to make the entire thing on a word document.

I noticed, still wrapping my head around it. Still appears like a big ole stat block, but I see how you broke it up. It is a bit unwieldy, but that is part of its charm too.

Yeah a lot of it is still unwieldy, especially in the non-combat section. I have considered removing many of the abilities from the non-combat section (divine creation, planar travel, etc) because most of those abilities already fall under something that she can accomplish with alter reality.

Is any of the combat section particularly unwieldy? Given how long I have been working on this stat block, I feel I am largely incapable of seeing where things might be unclear except for in the most egregious of cases.

dave2008

Legend
Is any of the combat section particularly unwieldy? Given how long I have been working on this stat block, I feel I am largely incapable of seeing where things might be unclear except for in the most egregious of cases.
No, the combat stat block looks good. Though you don't need a title for Mythic Traits and Traits.

FYI, it should be just Spellcasting. Innate Spellcasting is different and doesn't use slots.

No, the combat stat block looks good. Though you don't need a title for Mythic Traits and Traits.

FYI, it should be just Spellcasting. Innate Spellcasting is different and doesn't use slots.

Hey Dave2008. I know that you have been working for a very long time on creating immortals rules for 5th edition, and that you are pretty much done with the first draft for your zine. Is it possible to play a dragon immortal under your rules as they currently exist?

dave2008

Legend
Hey Dave2008. I know that you have been working for a very long time on creating immortals rules for 5th edition, and that you are pretty much done with the first draft for your zine. Is it possible to play a dragon immortal under your rules as they currently exist?
Yes and no (well not yet). The first set of rules will be for playing demigods and god. However, in the rules I am working on, the shape of your Exalted Form is basically irrelevant. It is just window dressing. Your abilities are dependent on your ability scores, exalted rank, and manifestations of Authority. What your body looks like is non-consequential. So you could look like a dragon, but it doesn't really change what you can do.

However, I want eventual expand into guidelines for other exalted creatures like: archfiends, archfey, primordials, and dragons! Basically, I am making dragons something unique and different, outside the realm of gods similar to how it was done in BECMI D&D.

Remove ads