Dark Days in Sion - Act 2: Scene 5

narayan

Explorer
Asusk, Bax, Folg, Kryslogious, Mogan, Svexyn

Svexyn said:
As the group splits, Svexyn returns to the camp with Asusk, the goblin, and the armored mute. The days' events have had their toll on him, and he wonders just how long this night will be.

"Mogan. Folg. It appears that our camp will be a little bigger now. Asusk here has managed to run into his old friend, who also has a few people in his group. This should help hide him, as there will be quite a few extra people walking around and easier to hide another person among them all."

As the goods are removed and stowed, Svexyn can only wonder just who this Ordechai is to have been able to not only come to know Asusk as a friend, but sway him into the path of learning and tracking. As he contemplates this, he looks at the goblin, wondering if he too was the same as Asusk.

OOC Note: Actually what I said was is that Asusk was already a barbarian hunter/tracker before he met Ordechai. Ordechai taught him how to read/write and introduced him to a merchant of the Masoud Trading Company to work as a caravan guard.

Svexyn said:
"Mogan, if you don't mind, can you take first watch? I have something to discuss with Folg that might bore you, but you are welcome to listen. I am not sure about the armored man there, or the goblin, but our watch still stands to be needed."

Mogan: Stares disgustedly at the goblin, taking up a post where he can keep an eye on it.

Svexyn said:
As he moves about the camp, checking the grave and the cart, Svexyn walks with Folg. He switches to Draconic, as he talks with Folg. "You know, I think this place is where I am supposed to be for today. I feel a change of something within me, and have begun to wonder if it is time to take on an apprentice. I was told that eventually, I would have to relay my teachings to another. This is how my order grows and continues its journey."

Svexyn stops by the edge of the camp, looking towards the inn and what lies beyond it in the ruins. "Is this something you would consider? To learn of the powers that only true disciples can fathom? You would have to be tested first, but I offer you this chance, if you would like it. Do not give your answer tonight. Sleep on it and tell me in the morning. Until then, think about it, know that it would require your servitude to me freely, and should you not show the discipline to learn the lessons, your service will be terminated."

Folg: stares up at you wide-eyed. -Responding in Draconic- "That would please me greatly master! But as you ask, I will think on it and pray to Userrwroth." He says happily.

It is then that he looks over at the silent warrior, wondering when he would speak or introduce himself. "Asusk? Who are these others with Ordechai? The goblin seems to work for him, but this armored one that has failed to introduce himself may have had his tongue removed. I sense that they too are on edge."

The armored warrior apparently overhears your comment and steps towards you.

Kryslogious said:
Kryslogious: (Listen Check, DC 15: = 18) "Forgive my rudeness but it seems dangerous to introduce myself under such circumstances." He interjects while pacing towards them.

He stands before them without a formal bow or gesture of greeting, he does not know quite how to handle acquaintances of Ordechai.

"Shall we spar?" he asked in a matter of fact tone to Svexyn. "If yes, please decide the terms"

Asusk: Narrows his eyes at Kryslogious and speaks before Svexyn has a chance to respond. "Hah! A terrible idea! Sounds of sparring at this hour, especially in armor such as yours, might raise an alarm. Attracting attention from the Quresh would be a mistake."

"Besides that, you've got several inches and more than a few pounds on young Svexyn here. Why don't you pick on someone your own size?"

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Shall we spar?" he asked in a matter of fact tone to Svexyn. "If yes, please decide the terms"

This was his way of answering many questions without words.

Svexyn:

~So the armored turtle speaks...~

"And yet you still have not introduced yourself. Yet, sparring seems to be on your mind." Svexyn sizes up the warrior, noting the armor, visor, shield and weapon. A sharp contrast to his own choice of defense. Today has indeed been a long and strange day for the group.

As Asusk interjects, Svexyn simply allows the half-orc to state the obvious. "Asusk is right, you may have the height and the weight, but that doesn't always fare well for the last few that thought that way."

Shaking his head in disbelief, Svexyn's answer is blunt. "I don't care to spill anyone's blood today, as I've seen enough of that already. I've seen dire jackals shred a person to pieces, Asusk take a blade through the chest that would kill any other, and been threatened by one of the merchants in that inn your friends are now sitting in. My weapon is used when needed, and now is not the time. You should do well to remember that in the future."

Knowing that there were times for a fight, and times for other actions, he adds, "But rest assured. If I need to defend myself, or my allies, my strength and weapon are not dulled by their sparse use. Whomever earns their favor, will surely learn that they should have moved on to other marks. There are more ways to keep a sharp blade than by constantly taking it to a whetstone. Too often, and the blade becomes useless. Hopefully you can be counted among allies, after our conversation with Ordechai. If not, then the bones will lay as they are thrown.."

Another fit of bile tasting acid forces its way up his throat. Swallowing it this time, he turns to face the goblin, calling out to it in its own tongue of goblin, "I hope you aren't put off by Mogan and Folg. They are tolerant of each other, and I hope that extends its way to you. It is not often I am able to converse with a goblin. Once Ordechai returns and we learn what we can, perhaps there will be more chances to hear your tale of where you come from. Until then, I see that your group favors no brokerage of information or trust. So be it. I am Svexyn. And you are?"

Last edited:

Hillsy7

First Post
Burrai Steelborn

Burrai had stepped on a pressure plate once in some old, subterranean ruins, triggering some ancient but well oiled trap. Dart a foot long hissed out of holes in the wall with a series of thin whistles, like some small songbird trilling breathily. Thats what the arrows sounded like - four distinct noises as they peppered Kong from the side. He roared and tore at the shafts as Ellroal cried out, turning the air thick for a moment with a palpable force. Burrai felt the spell touch him - hot and angry and fearsome - and the thugs grabbed at their heads in pain. He drew his axe and shield, amazed how swift things had come apart.

Is this how you let your friends fight your battles for you Burrai?
Kong sneered, dropping the bloodied arrowheads onto the dirt of the street. Burrai hunkered down, getting his balance.

"It's only fair to allow them their fun while there's still the chance." Burrai said, then he whispered to Elloral. "Move behind me, towards where those arrows came from - I'll hold the line." And them he closed on Kong slowly, shield raised. The thugs started to gather themselves, clothing creaking in the odd silence that always fell before two combatants collided. Burrai narrowed his eyes, focusing on Kong. Burrai lifted his shield high and dashed forwards, axe carving into Kong's previously wounded hand!

OOC: Move action: Moves around so he is directly to the left of Kong
Standard Action: Attack
(Attack: 1d20+9 = 14)(Hit location: 9 = Right hand AGAIN!)(Damage: 1d10+5 = 12)

Last edited by a moderator:

97mg

Explorer
Wrenwil

Ordechai: Reaches into his coin purse and hands her four gold coins. "This should cover all that plus a pitcher of water. Keep the change!"
[Wrenwil: What do you do?]

Wrenwil smiled as the gold was handed over, briefly glimpsing at Tyria's behind as she wandered off on her duties.

He then leaned forwards to speak with Ordechai quietly.

"You know Ordechai, usually I would wish to pay for my friends meals on days such as this, but it seems our friend the Barossan funded this one."

The irony was hilarious to Wrenwil, how Garrisan had paid no less than ten gold for Ordechai's services, only to end up paying for everyone's meal.

"Usually you are required to buy dinner before screwing someone, but the Barossan had it arse-about."

It was unnecessary small talk of course, but the old cleric wanted to take the edge off, enjoy a brief few moments of humor before things got serious again. In further irony Wrenwil bowed his head a little and muttered some words under his breath.

"Thanks be to Pentos, for new friends and sustenance. May Malic travel safe in his honorable path."

He commenced eating, chewing his first ever taste of Rock Pigeon.

"Tell you what, the music here is terrible, but I don't mind the dancing one bit, and the wine is quite reasonable given the location."

Underneath it all he wondered if the girls were slaves, or working of their own free will in a team committed to the arts of coin. He doubted it, and was saddened by the prospect. ~May they have freedom to choose their own destiny, should their path have become twisted.~ It was true, Wrenwil liked ladies quite a bit, but birds were better free than entrapped within cage, aging quickly and dropping many a feather too soon.

Wrenwil's face firmed up a bit, "Ordechai, we will let you do the talking, but tread carefully, people's allegiances may be blurring on the edges, in difficult times trust is often the first casualty. Whatever transpires here tonight, Alic and I stand ready to do our duty, quietly. There is also the note that I had planned to send with your help, yet at this point I am inclined to wait, worry about it another day, I will think on it. Interesting mix of customers don't you think?"

[sblock=Wrenwil Stats]
attachment.php
WRENWIL - a tough old boot on a terrible holiday

Sheet:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=209300
Level
4, Init 2, HP 20/27, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, Fort 6, Ref 3, Will 10, Base Attack Bonus 3
Masterwork Staff +7 to hit (d6+3)
Spells: 5/5/3
[/sblock]

Last edited:

narayan

Explorer
Ersun, Rasul

He ponders a little as he puts together where to start.

“Underfolk are a rather scattered and divided people. Our origins hail from the surface as you suspected. Thousands of years ago we lived in the Sezzara Region, west of Vulkh in a realm known as the Kezzarat Theocracy. However a great calamity befell us and we were forced underground. The high priest of Zhieros, whom we refer to as a 'pontificate' founded a new capital beneath the surface called Kezzarach."

"Yet his hold on the theocracy was not nearly as strong as it once was, allowing some tribes to break away as independents. I hail from one of those frontier tribes, Eridu, who occupy caverns from an old and ruined duergar stronghold. There is a strong warrior culture in our tribe, and a pride in our strength and adeptness at survival. Warmages are the
elite of the tribe, forming a unusual hierarchy in a culture that typically relies more on a ruling priesthood."

"Despite our steadily growing arcane tradition, independent tribes of Underfolk are underdogs of the underdark. Compared to drow, duergar and mind flayers our tribe is no exception, especially in the realm of arcane prowess.”

He gazes a little outside the veranda for a bit as he thinks a little more on things. “Life down there may be different, but it seems to me like it is just as hard to know whom to trust up here.” he comments with a glance at Rasul and a knowing smirk.

“I’m a sort of bard and a traveler. I like to think I am a keen observer, as well as a better-than-average storyteller." He remarks before he continues to speak about all sorts of curiosities in the underdark, starting with alcoholic beverages, but also touching on dangers, politics, and traditions. There is no shortage of bardic lore or life experience he can draw from, especially in regards to geography and dungeoneering stemming from his love for ranging.

Rasul listens carefully to your words, nodding appreciatively and topping your cup of Tejj off as necessary. When your tongue finally begins to tire he continues where he left off.

Rasul: "I see now why Thiara values you so much as a potential ally. Your tribe would be well-suited to deal with our enemies in the Undercity. Masaeus itself is only about 300 years old, ruled currently by Baron Zomok. The Vul chose its location above the caverns of the Undercity because of their rich natural resources. They’ve been explored and mined with slave labor ever since. They’ve also been home to the criminal underworld and nests of Wererats for nearly as long."

"The thieves guild of Masaeus has long since had Lycanthropes (Primarily Wererats) in their leadership for most of its history. These Alpha Wererats formed clans out of their wererat followers who serve as thugs."

"When the so-called King Kyser rose to power he united the wererats under his rule which gave him the strength to push Baron Zomok out from the mining operations. Those were tense times until Baron Zomok recognized the undercity as Kysers domain. Now they split the mining profits and rule their separate levels in an uneasy truce. The Vul only tolerate that arrangement because it’s a well known fact they hate going underground and must rely on someone else to handle the mines."

"The population of the Undercity is largely uneducated, desperate and impoverished. It is a wretched, dangerous place full of wretched, dangerous people. Each area of the undercity belongs to an Alpha Wererat that usually has a seat at the table of the thieves guild. Each Alpha may rule his territory as he see’s fit, so long as they remember they are still beholden to King Kyser if he ever asks for their aid."

"Slavery is permitted here, as it is on the surface, but life in the caverns is generally far worse for slaves who labor everyday in the mines. King Kyser’s ‘Bosses’ are cruel taskmasters and many slaves don’t live long at their toils."

"Contracting lycanthropy as a slave is not always a guarantee for earning your freedom, but it does create other opportunities from those who see potential in you beyond a mere laborer. Various alpha’s and/or the Cult of Vermithrax often bid to buy a slave promising them a chance to earn their freedom in other wicked ways. Do you have lycanthropes in the underdark?"
He asks

Your response would mention were-bats and some other varieties that are even more horrific, but none of those creatures are permitted to live among your tribe.

Rasul: "There is no doubt you will have to deal with them if you ever venture into the Undercity. They are strong combatants skilled in the use of deadly poisons. They are also cravens, preferring to overwhelm in numbers whenever possible. Their biggest weakness, as it is with all lycanthropes, is their aversion to silver. Nothing harms them so much as silver-weapons or silver-dosed substances. Take care to remember that."

He pauses to take a few more puffs of his cigar which is almost burned out at this point.

Rasul: "I suppose I should tell you the story about how I met Thiara? It all began towards the end of the reign of Baron Zomok's predecessor, Baron Sekh, fourteen years ago. Bad as Zomok is, Sekh was worse. A truly maleficent ruler who's favorite pastime was public displays of torture and executions. The man was paranoid, convinced everyone was plotting against him. No one in the city was safe from his secret enforcers. They targeted anyone and everyone seemingly at random, so long as Sekh got the idea in his head they were conspiring against him."

"During the final days of his reign he targeted the mages guild, executing his own advisors and imprisoning the rest. Thiara's father, Stethasriss the high elf, was one of those imprisoned. Thiara was only fifteen at the time and she had to flee his quarters through a secret passage before she too was captured. Unfortunately a wererat rogue recognized her on the streets and decided to kidnap her for a reward. His alpha wererat master was none other than Kyser himself, though he was no king at the time."

"I was also a rogue at the time, though my particular guild held no love for the wererats. We refused to permit any of their ilk into our ranks. Followers of the Cult of Vermithrax cannot be trusted! They'll betray anyone at anytime for the sake of their vile deity!"
He exclaims hatefully taking a breath. "I'll get into more details about their cult later... for now I'll stick with Thiara's story. The poor girl was held captive underground, while her father of course was similarly bound in chains and could do nothing about it."

"It so happened that I was also imprisoned by Kyser at the same time she arrived in his dungeons. I was captured during a skirmish between my guild and Kysers wererat scum. My life was also held at a high price, but in truth my neck was far less-valuable than hers. The moment I saw her I pitied her a great deal. Her presence in chains angered me even more than my own situation, so I decided to befriend her and comfort her."

"I gave her advice about how to act and react to her captors, how to appease them while also defending her virtue. Helping her also inspired me to help myself for her sake. I stopped spitting in the faces of my wererat jailers and started divulging tidbits of information instead. The way I figured it, my information was the only currency I had to keep us both alive. My former guild certainly wasn't going to pay my outrageous ransom, what to speak of hers."

"Whatever I revealed about my former guild I did in exchange for special treatment for Thiara. An extra meal now and then, a waterskin, clean-clothes, etc. whatever was required to keep her in good health. The jailers all laughed and mocked me for it, but I knew I would have the last laugh eventually."

"Meanwhile, back on the surface, Stethasriss was enduring an even more wretched time in chains. They say his hope for his daughters release was the only thing that kept him alive through all he endured. It may have only been a matter of weeks, but daily torture can make even a brief period of captivity feel like a lifetime."

"Ironically Sekh was correct in his suspicions about the mage guild and Stethasriss in particular. He was plotting against him from the beginning as one of the few with the nerve to risk their necks to see his reign ended. Baron Zomok only managed to depose Sekh because of Stethasriss and all the merchant-lords he swayed against him. Zomok made a priority to launch his coup and free him as a direct result of those alliances."

"Once in power Zomok restored the mage guild immediately, knowing how valuable they were to him and the cities infrastructure. Stethasriss was given the rank of guild-leader and served as Zomok's head-advisor ever since. The first thing Stethassriss did when he was freed was demand the return of his daughter from captivity."

"Baron Zomok used a sizable portion of his considerable wealth to pay her ransom. Thiara however, refused to leave without me. She threatened to take her own life unless they freed me along with her. Faced with the potential loss of so much gold, and open war with the Baron, Kyser agreed."

"Thiara credited me with her survival to her father when they were reunited. He saw fit to reward me with a considerable sum. I used the gold to travel abroad for a while and avoid the assassins sent after me by my former guild. Much to their dismay, Kyser used my information to overthrow them. He also used Thiaras considerable ransom to bribe the other alpha wererats to unite with him and declare himself king of the Undercity."

"When I eventually returned to Masaeus and met with Thiara again, she was closer to 18 and no longer a girl. Thiara took up studying her fathers trade of spellcraft, becoming an accomplished battle-sorcerer in her own right. Together we spoke of our hatred for Kyser and formed a pact to see him ruined and deposed. Unfortunately open war with Kyser will not be permitted by the Vul even if we would likely win."

"All of the Barons forces, especially the city guard, are ultimately beholden to the Vul prince. He fears an uprising against him if such a war were to happen, even if he desires Kysers demise as much as we do. After all, the presence of another self-titled monarch is an affront to his father Vulerion, the Vul King. Prince Vulthane offers a huge reward for Kysers head, which proves how much he hates him more than anything. Vul are so greedy at their core they very rarely offer rewards."

"Thiara and I have since had to make our own plots against him in secret. Sadly, the baron is not the man he once was and will no longer promise his support... but you know what they say.... power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even Stethasriss doubts the security of his position nowadays. She warns we must act soon to depose Kyser while they still enjoy the barons good graces."

He pauses to take one last puff of his cigar before he grinds out the ashes into his ivory bowl.

"These last 11 years I've been in Cabarda, painstakingly forming this guild to gather so much wealth. Can you guess what I intend to use it for?"
He asks with a sly grin. "I promised Thiara long ago I will gladly use it all for the cause of Kysers ruin if she can find a way to de-throne him. She has a good heart, better than mine no doubt..." He lowers his voice almost to a whisper when he adds. "...For instance, I know she wont stop at Kyser. Her ultimate aim is to start an uprising against the Vul!"

[Ersun: What do you do?]

Last edited:

narayan

Explorer
Aust Thale

Aust: -SpeakingTo Jabbar and Avar- "Well met, gentlemen." Clears throat "Well? Which one of you would like to share first? Such a quiet night…it had great prospects of wine, perhaps some olive oil and bread, and a wink or two from an attractive tavern waitress." Aust’s demeanor is equal parts adventurous and curious, with a hint of disgust over the lack of wine... Not an unconscious Neferese woman with a blade.

~What most unhappy fellow is going to look for her? I sense more entertainment than a bottle of wine tonight.~

Occasionally, Jabbar does this… Aust has dragged Jabbar out of tavern messes, and likewise vice versa, he has pulled Aust out of the proverbial latrine…taking on the occasional brigand or pirate, and a very specific group of itinerant gnomes (insufferable little cheats), an assorted and most odorous selection of orcs, trolls, and goblins over the years…but Aust doesn’t recall having kidnapped a woman. A gnome yes… dipping him most permanently in manure to make the point. Nasty business. Not a woman though. This is most intriguing.

Jabbar: Turns to you with a look that is all business. -Speaks with haste- "Sorry Aust, too much to explain and no time to do it! Do us a favor and see that she is bound and gagged. Search her garments for anything incriminating. We'll return soon, and I do not expect we'll be alone!"

He says rushing out the backdoor again with Avar at his heels.

[Aust: What do you do? You need to make Use Rope & Search checks if you wish to do as Jabbar asks. I recommend you Take-10 on your search check and take-20 on the Use Rope check to be sure they are sufficient.]

narayan

Explorer
Asusk, Bax, Folg, Kryslogious, Mogan, Svexyn

Svexyn: Another fit of bile tasting acid forces its way up his throat. Swallowing it this time, he turns to face the goblin, calling out to it in its own tongue of goblin, "I hope you aren't put off by Mogan and Folg. They are tolerant of each other, and I hope that extends its way to you. It is not often I am able to converse with a goblin. Once Ordechai returns and we learn what we can, perhaps there will be more chances to hear your tale of where you come from. Until then, I see that your group favors no brokerage of information or trust. So be it. I am Svexyn. And you are?"

Bax: Peers at Svexyn with mixed emotions of curiosity and wariness before he stands straight and appears to puff out his chest. The goblin is dressed in little more than rags of soiled leather with dark orange skin and dull yellow eyes. -Answers in Goblin- "I am Bax, former slave of Ordechai until I saved his life! We will not give information or trust until Ordechai says so. He is the boss and we are loyal to him." Bax shifts his eyes to Folg and narrows his gaze, unconsciously reaching for the masterwork dagger at his waist. "Kobolds are enemies of Goblins! I will not speak to that creature. See that he keeps his distance or I will kill him!" Bax warns hissing between his teeth.

Folg: Stares back at the goblin with obvious hatred and distrust, reaching for his short sword. (Folg is much better equipped than the goblin!) -Speaking Draconic- "What does it say master?! Let me kill it! Goblins cannot be trusted!"

[Svexyn: What do you do?]

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Aust Thale

Jabbar: Turns to you with a look that is all business. -Speaks with haste- "Sorry Aust, too much to explain and no time to do it! Do us a favor and see that she is bound and gagged. Search her garments for anything incriminating. We'll return soon, and I do not expect we'll be alone!"

He says rushing out the backdoor again with Avar at his heels.

[Aust: What do you do? You need to make Use Rope & Search checks if you wish to do as Jabbar asks. I recommend you Take-10 on your search check and take-20 on the Use Rope check to be sure they are sufficient.]

Aust: (Search Check; Taking-10: = 18)(Use Rope Check; Taking-20:= 23)

Aust wastes no time doing exactly as Jabbar has instructed. Focused on the job, he binds her hands behind her and feet together, and then ties her shoulder to immobilise her. He carefully gags her so as to prevent speech but not suffocate her.

Then he proceeds to carefully search her person and clothing for anything that might be hidden or markings or unusual characteristics. Something has to be here that will tell me who she is and perhaps why Jabbar is so interested in her.

Once she is secure and searched, he leaves her on her side, hog-tied and in fetal position, quickly retrieving his armor and bow to go with his cloak, rapier, and dagger. Quickly donning his gear, he checks her again, and exits into the doorway of the shop, looking for signs of Jabbar and Avar.

He hesitates leaving. He was careful with the ropes and the search. Still. She's his charge, and as much as he wants to leave the shop, he needs to make sure she stays put. Thinking better if it, he returns to the prisoner.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Svexyn, Mogan and Folg

Svexyn:

Spying that both Bax and Folg were at odds, Svexyn has had enough. He replies to Bax first, stating in Goblin, "Folg is in my charge. If you attack him, you are attacking me. And I won't tolerate any more threats against myself or my allies. Believe me when I say this. You do not want to anger him. He will not attack, but he will defend himself if provoked. I've seen what he can do, even against a bugbear. So if you care to die so soon, then so be it. I have already had one grave dug today. Asusk's deception would go better if we simply had a body to put into it, just in case..." [Bluff+12 = 16 (Ouch)]

Turning to Folg, he adds in Draconic, "Folg. Bax here was curious as to why I am accompanied by a kobold. You have seen the results of narrow minded thoughts. Yes, goblins and kobolds tend to be enemies, but that didn't stop me from saving you. You will not attack Bax, but if he decides to test your mettle, then defend yourself. My decision to have you as an apprentice may rest upon your ability to tolerate others, even those that you have grown to think of as mortal enemies. Is his life worth what you can gain, should you learn tolerance?"

Having said enough, Svexyn can only hope that the rest of the night goes by without any more threats. He then speaks to both in common, hoping that Bax can understand. "We wait for the others, and then decide afterwards what paths we take. Until then, no fighting..."

Svexyn then takes a seat on the back of the cart, surveying the scene before him.

~This was one motley group so far, and there was no telling what other events would transpire before it was all over. Yet, this is what I wanted. A goal, a purpose, however bleak it may have seemed at the time. But this seems to be the right path. I have to believe that.

As for Mogan and Folg, I knew it would be a hard road with those two. Throw in the others and we have enough tension to last me a life time. Maybe it's the naivety in me. Or maybe it's just this harsh land and those that live in it. Either way, I've got a job to do.. and my nerves to settle.~

He reaches down to his mug, enacting the power within it to conjure up some ale that required an acquired taste to get used to. He sips on it slowly, as time passes...

Ersun

He quietly listens to the tale of Rasul and wonders why exactly he got so attached to her, that a base sympathy and common suffering makes him go to such lengths even after so long. He has no reason to distrust the story so far either, so he silently ponders on it for a bit.

“You two went through a lot, and it is admirable to come out from it with such will of iron.” he leaves the moment a quiet toast out of respect. He also finds it interesting that he could see her as a beacon, something better to cling to, he does not think he would share her goals and ideals by himself. Not that he is certain about it, one can never be with such impressions.
“The world is the same everywhere it seems indeed, at the least I can relate to your problems very well. You have told me the story mainly from a personal viewpoint, with indications to a much bigger picture, I can sympathyse with both.” he sighs. “And things are never simple if you try to look at them even slightly objectively... Nevertheless, I see why an alliance would work very well with us, but it also requires quite the dedication and co-reliance, it is not a simple thing.”

He is intrigued by the concept of a joint upper and undercity, some kind of a dualistic nation could spring out from it if shaped well.

Remove ads