• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Deeds On White Mountain--Game Thread

Krug

Newshound
"Oh dear... it seems to be hungry," says Dentmus, as he drags Grunt back. At a safe distance, the druid then calls on the nature spirits to wrap the beast in its vines, centering it on the dragon. "Mythical beasts... better that the world has done without!" mutters the druid.

Move away, dragging grunt and cast Entangle

Gray Shade

First Post
OOC: Hey, Bloodweaver: Let's see . . . From SRD description of Detect Evil:

You can sense the presence of evil. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round: Presence or absence of evil.

2nd Round: Number of evil auras (creatures, objects, or spells) in the area and the power of the most potent evil aura present.

3rd Round: The power and location of each aura. If an aura is outside your line of sight, then you discern its direction but not its exact location.

A Paladin Detecting Evil is a spell-like ability, which is a standard action (so you can do that and take a move-equivalent action). Concentrating on a spell (or spell-like ability) is also a standard action.

I kinda fudged and gave you more info than the first round of concentration is actually supposed to give--because Mist did "nothing" the round before, I'm willing to say that next round will be her 3rd round of concentration. This is what I was trying to get at in my description earlier. Does this clarify?

Also, this dragon is "Large" size (I couldn't remember if I looked it up or not, but I guess I did--it IS the same size as a mule. Cool. Sometimes, I'm SO accurate it hurts! ;) ).

Last edited:

Gray Shade

First Post
OOC, again. Krug: Entangle has a 40' radius. This means that unless you center it a ways behind the dragon Lars, Haakon, and The Padre will be in its area of effect (unless they move away this round). And if you DO center it back in the cave, then Kah will be in its area of effect. If you center it on the dragon itself, then all four characters will be in the area of effect (unless they move). It's a reflex save, so Kah has a good chance of making it, but she will still only be able to move half speed while in the area and will need to make another save every round she stays in the area. So, that said, where will you center the spell?

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Gray Shade said:
A Paladin Detecting Evil is a spell-like ability, which is a standard action (so you can do that and take a move-equivalent action). Concentrating on a spell (or spell-like ability) is also a standard action.

I kinda fudged and gave you more info than the first round of concentration is actually supposed to give--because Mist did "nothing" the round before, I'm willing to say that next round will be her 3rd round of concentration. This is what I was trying to get at in my description earlier. Does this clarify?

Also, this dragon is "Large" size (I couldn't remember if I looked it up or not, but I guess I did--it IS the same size as a mule. Cool. Sometimes, I'm SO accurate it hurts! ;) ).

OOC: Your the Shzn't. SHe can go one more round and attempt to pin-point the location and direction of the evil. Thanks for clarifying.

Gray Shade

First Post
A Pause to Clarify

Okay, here's what I've got for this round:

Kah is attacking with her longsword.

Dentmus is dropping an Entangle on the beast (and Kah will be within its radius).

Lars and The Padre ready weapons and wait to see what happens next.

Mist continues to concentrate on her Detect Evil.

Is all this accurate?

Fenris: what's Haakon up to?

Fenris

Adventurer
Gray Shade said:
Okay, here's what I've got for this round:
Fenris: what's Haakon up to?

About 6 pints a day, no wait sorry ;)

Haakon will draw his sword and shout out "Lars, Kah use the flat of the blade! Killing a gold dragon is a very evil omen and would spell doom for the village!"

Lazlow

First Post
Hearing Haakon, the Padre quickly turns his spear around backwards, to use the whacky and proddy end more than the stabby.

(Of course, he does so in a cool, Bruce Lee style of staff twirling... ;) )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads