Dark Elf (Drow) Half Drow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
The sparseness of the SRD is probably the way to go -- it lets people customize their characters and backgrounds. You don't want to limit people too much, you want to give them options.

orsal

LEW Judge
Jdvn1 said:
The sparseness of the SRD is probably the way to go -- it lets people customize their characters and backgrounds. You don't want to limit people too much, you want to give them options.

I disagree. The SRD is, by design, crunch without fluff. What makes a specific world-setting, such as we are designing, come alive is (in large part) developing the mythos, the history, the specific cultures occupying our world. If spycat has ideas to contribute to that, go ahead!

Jdvn1

Well, that's a good point. I wouldn't say to cut out all the fluff, but too much can be overwhelming too. I think you just need enough fluff to make the races have a characteristic, but not so much that a player feels tied down by the intricacies.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I don't think that spycat needs as much history/fluff as he "proposed" at the beginning (the 20 some paragraphs). I think some fleshing-out and history is necessary, but perhaps not 24 paragraphs.

Jdvn1

Could you explain this?

Possible but rare (15%)occurances of a single noble "supernatural" abuility (choose 1 from levitate, detect magic, or sense alignment{detect chaos, evil, good, law}

spycat

First Post
read under "nobility" they have powers and the way i read them, it isnt magik they learn but powers they posses.

Jdvn1

Well, to my knowledge, nothing about character creation is ever random in a Living game.

spycat

First Post
what i was trying to simulate with the percentile roll is the likelihood that the char being rolled up has noble blood. this is a method that a friend of mine used to use for probabuility on some of the more outlandish charicters i tried to get to play. hed make me roll percentile to determine if my char by the luck ofthe graw somehow was one of the few and proud that could claim some oddity or another.

Jdvn1

I think it'd make more sense to have a Noble Half-Drow thing that's a +1 LA, and give them a couple other abilities. Could be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads