Dark*Matter, Discovery: Pushing for Impeachment

industrygothica

Adventurer
Nick moves to the front of the plane under the cockpit, then traces an arcane sigil in the air with his new wand.

[sblock=OOC]Nick casts Haywire on all the junk under the hood. I knew I prepared that spell for a reason. ;)

At least I think I have it prepared. :-S[/sblock]

iwatt

First Post
"Doc, I'm guessing it's never a good thing when the villain starts scribbling symbols in blood?" Witht hose words, Larry focused once more on shutting down Cliff's brain. I should have practiced more...

ooc: lesser concussion on Cliff

Friadoc

Explorer
Seeing Meri launch up the stairs, shield and sword in hand, Cade comes up with a quick idea.

"I'm taking the wheels down," shouts Cade into the comms.

In the world there are fewer things more impending that a technician with firepower, which Cade proves in a demonstrative fashion as he pivots slightly, gains a clear ballistics background and drops a few rounds into the front landing gear's hydraulics.

With that, Cade quickly pivots back to the man on the ramp with a sword wielding hottie in his face.

OOC

If Cade can blow out the hydraulics on the front strut, then the plane ain't gonna be able to roll down the tarmac without some awesome piloting, miracles, magics, or what not. :D

Shayuri

First Post
Meredith positions the shield in front of her and rushes the man at the door, trying to knock him back out of the way and gain control over the door. Her plan changes though when she sees what's happening inside, and she starts to run down the aisle to stop him!

(Bull rush the guy at the door, if d20 Modern allows that...I'm not as familiar with its rules. Then next turn I'll do a charge to stop the ritual he's doing...)

Falkus

Explorer
From his position on the side of the plane, Larry could see an unearthy glow appearing inside, though there was no apparant source, as Cliff continued to chant.

Braggs took a step back as Meredith approached, firing a three round burst into her. She brought up her shield at the last moment, the enchanted metal deflecting the ammunition harmlessly into the ceiling.

Cade blasted a shot right into the front wheel well, causing Larry, Meredith and Braggs to almost lose their footing as the plane suddenly fell a foot downwards as the wheel strut started to collapse and then the plane jerked suddenly to the right, heading towards a parked fuel truck!

Larry focused his mind as he tried to stay on the wing of the bucking bronco the plane had become, but he wasn't able to focus as hard as he could, and was barely able to hurt Cliff.

Inside the plane, Meredith raise her might foot, and kicked Bragg backwards, causing him to stumble into the far wall and getting him out of her way. Inside, Meredith could see what Larry couldn't. A crack in the fabric of reality opening up in the back of the plane, pouring flames and looking generally ominous.

Nick got up under the plane as Cade took out the front wheel, and cast his spell. Smoke and sparks started pouring out of the engine, and wheels and rudders starting twisting randomly, and the engine revving up and almost dying occasionally as it headed off the runway.

Initiative order:
Cliff: 30
Braggs: 23
Cade: 22
Larry: 19
Diego: 17
Meredith: 16
Nick: 13

[sblock]Larry does one point of damage to cliff[/sblock]

Friadoc

Explorer
OOC

Quick point of clarity: Is the plane still heading toward the full truck or did Nick's spell send it off in a different, safer direction and start on it being disabled?

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: The plane's still heading for the fuel truck, but it could conceivably change direction or stop. The Haywire spell is essentially making the plane behave as if the controls are being pressed randomly.

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: The plane's still heading for the fuel truck, but it could conceivably change direction or stop. The Haywire spell is essentially making the plane behave as if the controls are being pressed randomly.

What are the odds of all that lurching about disrupting whatever casting Cliff is doing on the plane?

Friadoc

Explorer
Quickly, Cade picks whichever rearward wheel will cause the jet to lurch further to one side, or the other, and avoid any chance of impacting the fuel truck. Once the young man has an idea of the best wheel, he'll take aim and fire into it as he shouts a warning over the comm-unit to let his team brace themselves for the results.

Remove ads