• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun Conversion...

Shenron

First Post
So I am working on a Dark Sun conversion for Pathfinder which has became a pain in the arse.

Anyway, I am looking for help on my races...

Half-Giant

Ability Modifiers: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence (Half-Giants are strong and healthy but are dim witted).
Size: Medium
Speed: They have a base speed of 30ft.
Giant’s Blood: Half-Giants count as both Giants and Humans for any effect related to race.
Mountain Folk: +2 bonus to all checks to resist difficult terrain
Stones Endurance: +1 Natural Armor Bonus
Tenacity: Half-Giants receive a +2 bonus to Will Saves
Inborn Power: They gain +1 bonus Power Points at first level regardless if they take a Psionic Class.
Languages: Goliaths begin play speaking Common and Giant. Goliaths with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Orc, and Terran.

With DM’s Approval: You can replace Stones Endurance with;
Powerful Build: The Half-Giant is considered “large” for the purposes of grapple attacks, swallow whole effects, and other such effects. The Half-Giant can also use weapons that are large.

Shenron

First Post
Muls:

Ability Modifiers: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma (Mul’s are strong and quick but aren’t very friendly)
Dwarven Blood: Mul’s count has both humans and dwarves for any effect related to race.
Hardy: Mul’s gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
Tireless: Mul’s only require have has much rest to benefit from the effects of a full rest.
Incredible Natural Healing: Muls heal damage at twice the normal rare and add their Constitution Modifier to all healing effects as bonus hit points healed.
Inborn Power: They gain +1 bonus power point at first level, regardless if they take a Psionic Class.
Languages: Muls begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Muls with high Intelligence can choose from the following; Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.

Shenron

First Post
Thri-Keen

Ability Modifiers: +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence (Thri-Keen are quick and willful but their alien minds make it hard to relate to human society)
Dark Vision: Thri-Keens of Dark Vision out to 60ft.
Strong Legs: Gain a +2 racial bonus on all Acrobatics Checks
Hard Carapace: +1 bonus to natural armor
Monstrous Build: Thri-Keen posses two pairs of arms, one stronger main pair and a weaker secondary pair. They can take Multiattack, Multiweapon Fighting, Improved Natural Attack, and Improved Natural Armor monster feats. These are not bonus feats but must be purchased separately.
Natural Weapons: They have four claw attacks that deal 1d4.
Languages: Thri-Keen and Common. Thri-Keen with high Intelligence can chose from Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Undercommon

Shenron

First Post
Ya, the site has down for awhile so I have been using the stuff in Dragon Magazines. What do you think of the work so far?

Kvantum

First Post
Ya, the site has down for awhile so I have been using the stuff in Dragon Magazines. What do you think of the work so far?
Emphasis mine - well there's your problem right there. Don't look at any of the Dragon stuff. Paladins on Athas. As much as I love Paizo's run of Dragon and Dungeon, that one idea is so fundamentally WRONG that it just makes the whole issue seem unusable.

Shenron

First Post
I don't think it mentioned Paladins on Athas, this is back Dragon #319 or something like that. They have all the races for 3.5 statted up and that it what I am using fo rmy conversion work.

I am just trying to get the stuff down so I can run the game. Such as races, etc. I might have to stat up some of the Dragon Kings down the road. I think I am going to use the Jabberwock as the Dragon of Tyr (I do believe that would be epic).

Anyway, I would really like some feed back as far as balance goes, etc. I only have two races to go and I want to be able to hammer out the ones I have already done first.

Quick question as well, I am unable to get my hands on Psionics Unleashed and I might have to drop Expanded Psionics into the mix, how bad would that be?

Shenron

First Post
Thank you for the help. That means a lot.

Oh, thank you so much. I have made a lot of progress. I have left some things out of the write up for Thri-Keen because they seemed to have a little to much.

But I have added the Shardmind fron 4th ed. as well as I plan on adding those purple lizard folk. I forget what they are called.

Then I am not sure where to go next with it, maybe new weapons? rules changes? Not to sure.

Last edited:

Remove ads