Dark Sun D&D Encounters Characters

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I will do some poking towards getting the Character Sheet style for Season 2 of D&D Encounters as an option in the Character Builder.

As always, no promises, etc, etc, etc

Here is the message I will be sending in my weekly report:

New Character Sheet style for Character Builder

Summary: The character sheet for the 2nd season of D&D Encounters is proving to be somewhat popular, and a number of people would like the Character Builder to be able to put out Character Sheets in this style.

URL: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-discussion/277559-dark-sun-d-d-encounters-characters.html

Suggestion: By all reports, the character sheets fopr S2 of D&D Encounters would be great for new players, as they remove a lot of the stuff that might intimidate them. It would be well worth, IMO, having that style available in the Character builder.

Last edited:

Another error (thanks to this post on RPGnet):
Shikirr is a Cha-based Quick Battlemind with the appropriate encounter power (Speed of Thought), but his ability scores are ill-suited for that - they're perfect for the Wis-based Resilient Battlemind build. He's got Wis 16, Cha 11; they should be switched to Wis 13, Cha 14 at least. (Thri-kreen get +2 Dex, +2 Wis in case you're wondering)

Larrin

Entropic Good
RE: the 12 AC sorcerer

having played a 13 AC, 25hp sorcerer, It is playable and a cautious player with group support can do fine. He was in fact the last one to die in the D&D encounters myconid TPK. Glass cannon, definitely, but useful and hard hitting.

Still, I agree that they should have built him a lot better in this case. That is not an introductory character!

mudbunny

Community Supporter
For the first season of Encounters, the author was quite active in the D&D Group answering questiopns, etc.

I am currently trying to get WotC tio get the author to show up and do the same in the forum here.

Summary of mechanical errors so far

Barcan
Melee Basic Attack: 1d8+2 damage
Blazing Starfall: 1d4+7 radiant damage
Cosmos Call: Deals half damage on a miss.
Soul of the Cosmic Cycle: Missing description, presumably dropped for brevity:
"While you have resistance from this class feature, your arcane powers ignore all targets' resistance to that damage type up to the value of your resistance."

Castri
Missing one trained skill.
The bone carrikal's brutal 2 property isn't mentioned in his powers' descriptions (except for his Melee Basic Attack using the carrikal).
Throw and Stab: Not updated.
Running Strike: Should be Running Attack.

Jarvix
Bluff: +10
Diplomacy: +8
Perception: +4
Mind Thrust: Augment 2 does 2d10+5 damage.
Infernal Wrath: Not updated.

Phye
Insight: +8
Passive Insight: 18
Passive Perception: 13
Melee Basic Attack: +2 vs. AC
One of her At-Wills (Human Bonus At-Will) can only be used unaugmented.
Mantle of Clarity: Insert "allies within 5 squares gain" before "a +2 bonus to Insight and Perception checks".

Shikirr
Athletics: +7, assuming a +2 racial bonus
Ranged Basic Attack: Erroneously refers to Mind Thrust. Character doesn't have any ranged weapons.
NOTE: Ability scores for the Quick Battlemind build should be Wis 13, Cha 14. Resulting changes are denoted with an asterisk (*).
* Will: 14
* Intimidate: +7
* Speed of Thought: 5 squares

Yuka
Should have only 3 trained skills.
Fort: 18
Ref: 14
Brawler Style: Replace Reflex with Fortitude.

I'll also post this over at the WotC D&D Group forum for Dark Sun (which mudbunny linked to above).

Last edited:

firesnakearies

Explorer
I'm not sure that all of those are necessarily errors.

Where did you come up with +9 Bluff and +10 Diplomacy for Jarvix? I figure he should have +10 Bluff (Tiefling), and only +8 Diplomacy.

Is it possible that Phye's iron spear has a +3 proficiency bonus? Maybe (since the default weapons are non-metal) metal weapons get a +1 in Dark Sun, like a masterwork kind of deal?

While Shikirr's build is certainly suboptimal, it might be by design, and not strictly speaking an "error". Also, maybe Thri-Kreen get a +3 to Athletics?

Is it possible that Yuka gains one of those trained skills as a bonus for being a Mul?

Remove ads