Dark Sun D&D Encounters Characters

Dice4Hire

First Post
Odd, to me, Tieflings fit Dark Sun very well. Fluff down their demonic history, fluff up their abomination-like/corrupted history and they would be pretty good at surviving in the wastes.

Dragonborn are a different story.

Obryn

Hero
Odd, to me, Tieflings fit Dark Sun very well. Fluff down their demonic history, fluff up their abomination-like/corrupted history and they would be pretty good at surviving in the wastes.

Dragonborn are a different story.
I'm the opposite, if we were to just drop them in as-is. Tieflings have a demonic past which doesn't 100% mesh with Dark Sun. Dragonborn kinda already exist, as the Dray. And really, reptilian and insectoid races are par for the course.

But like I said, neither particularly upset the ambiance of the setting for me.

-O

Zaran

Adventurer
I'm the opposite, if we were to just drop them in as-is. Tieflings have a demonic past which doesn't 100% mesh with Dark Sun. Dragonborn kinda already exist, as the Dray. And really, reptilian and insectoid races are par for the course.

But like I said, neither particularly upset the ambiance of the setting for me.

-O

I would have rather seen a Half-Giant/Goliath instead of a Tiefling. I am also unsure of all the psionic classes. Granted, everyone in the old Darksun had some psionics but full up psionicists should almost as rare as arcane users in my opinion.

WanderingMonster

First Post
I would have rather seen a Half-Giant/Goliath instead of a Tiefling. I am also unsure of all the psionic classes. Granted, everyone in the old Darksun had some psionics but full up psionicists should almost as rare as arcane users in my opinion.

Psionic power is a pillar of Dark Sun. Diminishing it isn't being true to the spirit of Dark Sun. That said, no one ever claimed that psions and battleminds were around every corner.

Wraith Form

Explorer
I'd like to see the old-school "everyone has a little psi talent, even if it's just one small, subtle psi advantage" schtick from the (pre-4th ed) products played up in the new incarnation.

Wraith Form

Explorer
I was at Encounters, and I've seen the cards. (In fact, themes add a single power to each class that's being, err, "themed"--Veiled Alliance gets Excise from Sight, for ex.)

I'm talking about the NPCs, monsters, trees, rocks, the Flintstones-like talking pterodactyl alarm clock--in the AD&D version of DS, everything had a psionic "talent," to varying degrees, not just the heroes.

MichaelFTrevino

First Post
Good stuff on the mistakes. Not very professional of WOTC to be putting these kind of mistakes out.
Another mistake I noticed is Yuka, who I'm playing, should have 11 surges but on the card there are 12 slots. Perhaps Muls get an extra surge as a racial?

Remove ads