Dark Sun PbP Game [Full]

Jeremy

Explorer
As I said over in General, I'd be very interested in playing. But I don't know the world well enough to DM. :(

I'd love to play a Kreen Psychic Warrior.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'd enjoy playing in this game as well. I, however, am primarily experienced in Dark Sun the video game, so I don't know enough to run the game. Sure would enjoy playing though...

Kamard

First Post
I could run a Dark Sun game, might be pretty interesting. But I am a little (read: very) rusty regarding the world, and I haven't read the Athas.org stuff yet at all.

garyh

First Post
Kamard said:
I could run a Dark Sun game, might be pretty interesting. But I am a little (read: very) rusty regarding the world, and I haven't read the Athas.org stuff yet at all.

Hey, folks, we've got a winner!! :D

Take a look, let us know, no pressure. Really. ;)

I am cumputer illiterate. I got here via a link. How would this work? I want to play and seriously would consider GMing but what/how would I do it?

From there- What time period? I heard one vote for before Year 26 or 190KA (death of Kalak). Any preference in subject matter? exploration, inner city politics/intrigue, trade houses or my usaul "where did this come from?"

I am part of a play by e-mail. Would this be just like that? Need more info before I commit to anything but I definitely want to be a part of this (especially since I feel to blame for getting it reved up).

garyh

First Post
I can't help with the setting questions, since I'm only partly familiar with the world, but as for PbP games:

They are run here on the boards. If you look at some of the games in my sig, you can see what several look like in action. Essentially, players post their actions, the DM resolves the actions and posts the results, wash, rinse, repeat. :)

If you have any specific questions after looking around this forum, feel free to ask - I'll try to answer them for you!

Oh, and welcome to the In Character Forum, Megamania - we're more fun!! :D

Last edited:

I was just looking at the game run by "Evilmountaindew" to get an idea. It won't take much to get me to do this at this point. I'll need to review the Athas page more carefully and buy a couple of ink carcageges (sp) to print out ALL the info instead of the piece-meal I have been doing thus far.

If I were to DM, how to announce it, what general rules are required? I prefer 6 players but the game seems to have a great deal of interest. Perhaps I can do more.

Aye....me brain is going into overdrive already on campaign ideas. Maybe a visit to the Anazi tribe and the Valley of Wisdom will be in order.

garyh

First Post
You could probably just post whatever guidelines you want to go by on this thread, and those interested can submit characters here. Usually, a DM will post what character creation rules he's using, what books he's allowing, and how many players he's looking for, and then sees what sort of response he has.

As for the demand, if you would like to limit players, I'd be willing to step aside. I'm in plenty of games already, and others here seem more attached to the campaign setting than I am.

I'm still more than happy to act as your guide to the wonderful world of PbP, though, and will continue to follow this thread and play or offer advice as need be. :)

Kamard

First Post
Wellp, if someone else is interested in DMing, I will let them go ahead.

I'm not incredibly crazy about the Athas.org rules.

I might run a Dark Sun with my version of the rules at some point in the future.

Keep an eye out for it.

Bob/Kamard

Krizzel

First Post
Kamard said:
Wellp, if someone else is interested in DMing, I will let them go ahead.

I'm not incredibly crazy about the Athas.org rules.

I might run a Dark Sun with my version of the rules at some point in the future.

Keep an eye out for it.

Bob/Kamard

My sentiments exactly with regards to athas.org. Some of their ideas I liked, but I found a lot of things I didn't like.

I'd be interested to see how you'd convert it to 3e. I wouldn't mind DMing 3e Dark Sun myself, down the road, if I can get it decently converted.

Remove ads