Dark Sun PbP Game [Full]

Jeremy

Explorer
Oh nothing that I didn't think you'd allow, just I wanted to do this but that meant couldn't do that, wanted this but that disallowed that...

Mainly it surrounded having -4's and -2's to ability scores as a thri-kreen and all the psychic warrior powers being spread out all over the place. That's the worst design issue with psionics. In order to really make the most of the class you either have to specialize in one field (3 if you're using ITCK), or have 15-16 in every stat.

That and the base attack penalty of thri-kreen, stacked with the cleric base attack of psychic warriors made the psychic weapon master class almost unattainable, especially if you wanted to focus on wielding dual gythka's.

Too many things that wouldn't work out unless you were 16th level, so I went with something much simpler. Make buddy, send buddy, make buddy, send buddy. :)

How do you want to work schism and full round manifestations? Can I have one mind working on one manifestation and the other on the other? Can I have one mind pick up where the first one left off so I can complete an astral construct with a full round action in a single round ala haste and monster summoning in Tome and Blood? etc.

Jeremy

Explorer
megamania said:
curious background.....lots of stuff for an evil GM to use against- er for the character! KUDOS!

:D

Always the best kinda background! :) I once played in a game wherein the two other students of my teacher both ended up abusing their power and trying to overthrow the government. And neither of them were obvious about it so we kept on helping them because I said they were my friends until we finally found up what they were up to.

I woulda been in the doghouse then, but I'm the one who found it out and relayed the info.

Sorry, [/end old war story]. :D

How do you want to work schism and full round manifestations? Can I have one mind working on one manifestation and the other on the other? Can I have one mind pick up where the first one left off so I can complete an astral construct with a full round action in a single round ala haste and monster summoning in Tome and Blood? etc. [/B][/QUOTE]

My quick read on it suggests you get a free partial action which is limited to a use of a psionic power. These two "minds" are linked BUT act seperately and independently- meaning one mind won't aid the other beyond WIL saves. So no to the idea of using it to "haste" a power. But you could have two astral constructs at once (I believe) which has it's uses.

Jeremy said:

Always the best kinda background! :) I once played in a game wherein the two other students of my teacher both ended up abusing their power and trying to overthrow the government. And neither of them were obvious about it so we kept on helping them because I said they were my friends until we finally found up what they were up to.

I woulda been in the doghouse then, but I'm the one who found it out and relayed the info.

Sorry, [/end old war story]. :D

Sounds like a good one

Remove ads