• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dark Sun PbP Game [Full]

Jarval

Explorer
Hmm, what to be, that's the question :) Like Sir Osis, I'm glad I'm going to have a bit of time to build my character, as I've just got too many interesting ideas :)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I'll go ahead and start work on my human savant.

Can we use The Mind's Eye as a refference for psionics?

I'm going to begin building my character assuming that we can unless you say otherwise.

Looking forward to this.

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I didn't see treasure mentioned so I'm going to use the amount listed for a 6th level character in the DMG. (13,000 Translated to DS of course.)

Let me know if we are using something else.

Also, I'm planning to take a few levels of Bruce Cordell's revised Metamind if you don't mind.

How are you going to handle scaling powers and Trigger? What about freely manifesting a power and scaling it?

My Suggestion: Trigger and Freely Manifesting (see Metamind) a power only pays the initial cost of the power. All scaling costs must be paid seperate.

Here he is so far...

Sorren
Human
4th level Psion (Savant) / 2nd level Metamind
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Experience: 15,000

ABILITIES
Str: 12 +1
Dex: 14 +2
Con: 18 +4 (+1 Character Level, +2 Bracers)
Int: 12 +1
Wis: 12 +1
Cha: 14 +2

SAVING THROWS
Fortitude: +5
Reflex: +3
Will: +10

COMBAT
Hit Points: 43
Initiative: +2
Base Attack Bonus: +2
Armor Class: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 Inertial Armor)

Attacks:
Obsidian Drilbus (Masterwork Quarterstaff) +4 Att; 1d6+1 Dmg

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Human Bonus Feat
Human Bonus Skills
Psionics
Inner Strength
Psicrystal (Resolve)
Power Psicrystal
Freely Manifest I (Free 1st lvl power 3/day)

FEATS:
Inner Strength
Psionic Focus: Psychokinesis
Talented
Inertial Armor
Trigger Power: Greater Concussion

SKILLS:
Class Skills
Autohypnosis (+9, 8 ranks)
Concentration (+10, 6 ranks)
Disable Device (+5, 3 ranks)
Knowledge - Psionics (+6, 5 ranks)
Open Lock (+6, 4 ranks)
Pick Pocket (+5, 3 ranks)
Psicraft (+10, 9 ranks)
Search (+5, 4 ranks)

Cross Class Skills
Diplomacy (+7, 0 ranks, +5 Bonus)
Bluff (+7, 0 ranks, +5 Bonus)
Intimidate (+7, 0 ranks, +5 Bonus)
Spot (+3, 2 ranks)
Listen (+3, 2 ranks)
Stabilize Self (+5, 1 rank)
Wilderness Lore (+2, 1 rank)

EQUIPMENT:
Obsidian Drilbus (50) – Control Flames (1,500cp)
Bracers of Health +2 (4,000cp)
Amulet of Resistance (+2 Saves) (4,000cp)
Crystal Mask of the Diplomat (+5 Diplomacy, +5 Bluff, and +5 Intimidate) (2,250cp)
Dorje: Shield (50) (750cp)
Tattoo: Lesser Body Adjustment x 4 (200cp)
Tattoo: Burst x 3 (150cp)
Tattoo: Harbinger I x 1 (50cp)
Tattoo: Feather Fall x 1 (50cp)
Power Stone: Control Air x 2 (300cp)
Power Stone: Lesser Telekinesis x 2 (300cp)
Belt Pouch
Riding Kank (150cp)
Folding Shade (1cp)
Waterskin x 4 (4cp)
Rations x 4 (20bits)
Flint & Steel (1cp)

Treasure:
50cp

PSIONICS:
Power Points: 25 + 5 in Psicrystal

Displays:
Psychokinetic Powers: A low humming sound.
Clairsentient Powers: Eyes glow green
Telepathic Powers: Everyone senses that they are being watched
Psychoportation Powers: Sound of glass breaking
Psychometabolism Powers: A wet cracking sound as the body disfigures or heals.
Metecreation Powers: Ectoplasm soaks or blankets the created object or effected area for a brief second.

Talents: Free Uses: 12
Far Hand
Missive
Daze (DC: +2)
Detect Psionics
Finger of Fire
Befriend (DC: +2)

1st Level Powers: Cost: 1 pp
Control Object
Matter Agitation (DC: +7)
Sense Link

2nd Level Powers: Cost: 3 pp
Control Body (DC: +8)
Suggestion (DC: +4)

3rd Level Powers: Cost: 5 pp
Greater Concussion (DC: +9)

BACKGROUND

Appearance:
Height: 5’-10”
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair: Long and black in ponytail.
Eyes: Grey

History
Coming soon…

Last edited:

Looks good. I hope to be piecing together the last of my story this week so figure mid-January for a start-up.
For other books I will allow:

Fist and Steel
Defenders of Faith
Tome of Blood
Song and Silence
Nature one ( I forget it's name--- my bad)

If thoughts could kill

Also the obvious-
Player's Guide
DMG
Burnt World of Athas OFFICIAL stuff

Coming but not in use at this point-
Quin. Psychic Warrior and Psion

Keep in mind, creatures can come from ANY resource I have. I found a few in Oathbound that look intrigueing.

As far as money / treasure. Use the DMG recommendations for money/treasure. If I see something I don't like I'll kindly ask you to switch it out (or die swiftly as a Kragling).

Ashrem Bayle, since you took the time to get the character together already consider yourself in.

Happy New Year!
Andy aka Megamania

Jeremy

Explorer
Due to several conflicts of interest I'd like to submit this as my character for approval:

Drinchek
Human Shaper (ITCK) 6 (Secondary Disciplines: Psymet, Psykin)
PP 29 (17 base +11 int +1 inner strength)

HP 31 (6d4+12)
Spd 30' Walk
AC 11 (+1 Dex)

BAB +3
Fort +6 (2 +2 +2)
Ref +5 (2 +1 +2)
Will +8 (5 +1 +2)

Str 8, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 19 (21), Wis 13, Cha 8

Attacks:
Quarterstaff +2 melee (1d6-1); or Light Crossbow +4 ranged (1d8)

Skills
Bluff +3, Concentration +11, Knowledge (Psionics) +14, Listen +5, Psicraft +14, Remote View +14, Sense Motive +5, Spellcraft +6, Search +15, Spot +20, Wilderness Lore +5

Feats
Inner Strength (Bonus Feat-Athas.org, PsiHB)
Fortify Power (1st Level, Mind's Eye)
Overpower (Bonus Feat-Human, Mind's Eye)
Augmented Construction (3rd Level, Mind's Eye)
Empower Construction (6th Level, Mind's Eye)

Gear
Cloak of Resistance +2 (DMG, 4000 cp)
Eyes of the Eagle (DMG, 1000 cp)
Traveller's Outfit (PHB, free)
Headband of Intellect +2 (DMG, 4000 cp)
Third Eye: Aware (PsiHB, 4000 cp)
[Shaper Starting Package]
Backpack with Waterskin (PsiHB, free)
Day's trail ration: 1 (PsiHB, free)
Bedroll (PsiHB, free)
Sack (PsiHB, free)
Flint & Steel (PsiHB, free)
Hooded Lantern (PsiHB, free)
Pint of oil: 3 (PsiHB, free)
Chalk (PsiHB, free)
Case of bolts: 10 (PsiHB, free)
Quarterstaff (PsiHB, free)
Light Crossbow (PsiHB, free)

Total: 13,000 cp

Powers

0-bolt, burst, catfall, elfsight, detect psionics, know direction, far hand
1-astral construct I, grease, lesser body adjustment, lesser metaphysical weapon
2-astral construct II, animal affinity
3-astral construct III

Description and Background:

Wandering the surroundings of Kalidnay is a lonely creature by the name of Drinchek. In a world almost totally decimated by irresponsible use of magic, he had the poor misfortune of being born to wizards. Like many of the highly adaptable humans of Athas, Drinchek was born with a deformity, though his was due to direct stimuli.

While still in the womb, his mother's defiling magicks stole pieces of Drinchek's life essences leaving him less than he might have been. When he was born amidst the after echoes of the Purges, his frame was hideous to behold. Hairless, colorless, with atrophied muscles, and a piteously weak cry his was a face only a mother could love. But even his mother didn't.

Alessia looked upon her newborn son with something akin to disapointment mixed with contempt. Her new life was one of forced secrecy and of practicality that required her to blend in as much as possible. Her feeble little offspring didn't look like it would last the summer, much less be able to blend in. So amidst at least some regret, she left the babe in its bed and disappeared when next her steps were hounded. He had already drained her of enough resources, the child could not be sustained any longer.

Fortunately, a cadre of Preservers who were pursuing Alessia discovered the abandoned child in her now stripped hovel only a couple days later. Dehydrated and malnourished he was near death and incapable of so much as a whimper when they happened upon him.

It was they who named and raised the child.

Drinchek never really fully recovered. He is still colorless and feeble, his body provides little protection against the harsh elements. But a natural resilience has developed in him that has so far prolonged his life. His whisper-soft voice and ultra shyness results from being constantly wrapped in concealing clothes, protecting his delicate skin.

Nature though, often compensates for lost abilities. Drinchek is possessed of a savant nature that allows him to recall in vivid detail (whether or not he would like to) nearly everything he has ever experienced. As such he is knowledgeable to the extreme in areas he has had the opportunity to learn about and he has developed certain mental powers.

Unlike most lonely teenagers, Drinchek not only imagined having friends but sometimes could actually talk to them or play with them. But in the end, ectoplasmic automatons are not a replacement for people, and Drinchek became even more introverted.

One day, when the Preservers were moving on to another lead, he simply wandered off. Sometimes in the wastes people will tell of seeing a shrouded man surrounded by strange creatures of no pigmentation and all different shapes and forms.

(Edit: By the way, I'm hoping to extend him into the Constructor class in time.)

Here are some pictures I found to get across the feel of the character.

preview6.jpg

cb07.jpg

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Jeremy said:
Due to several conflicts of interest I'd like to submit this as my character for approval:

Interesting character. I like the background a lot, and it could provide connections to my character (if that would be OK with you?), as I was planing to be a Human Preserver.

Remove ads