• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Dark sun Times of change

GreenKarl

First Post
Eevuu Farseeker think about whether or not his psychic spark ability and wonders if it would be hot enough?

OOC: Just wondering if it would be hot enough? Probably not but maybe

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Cart has two wheels. As much as I want to say psychic spark can do it I feel it would open a can of worms so I shall have to say no. I came up with 3 ways to solve this issue so keep noodling!

Shayuri

First Post
Kanna murmurs some words and summons a spirit of flame to her hand.

To mundane eyes, a blaze the size of a torchflame bursts into existence just over the palm of her hand and hovers there, sizzling and crackling.

"I don't know metal," she admits. "Will this work?"

(OOC - Produce Flame)

texastoast

Explorer
OOC: Is the axle a solid bar or is it hollow?

"Does anyone have a spear or javelin or something that we can reinforce or replace the axle with? At least until we have time and cover from the sun to properly fix it."

Last edited:

texastoast

Explorer
Tarsin looks at Kanna producing flame in her hand. "Excellent! Now, we should be able to reattach the cut off end of the axle. Come, little one, bring your fire and melt these two ends. Click, I'll take that clamp, thank you." I take the tool from Chick, press the loose end into the axle once Kanna has heated and softened the two pieces, and hold the pieces together with the clamp as they (hopefully) cool and solidify. Then it should be possible to put the wheel and cap back on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using EN World mobile app

Shayuri

First Post
Kanna offers an uncertain smile, not sure quite how to take praise for something so minor as this. She does come forward and hold the blaze in her hand over the end of the axle...holding it there until the metal heats red and becomes soft. When Tarsin joins the now-malleable axle and cap, she repeats the process to the other side.

It's more metal than she's seen in a long time, and she can't help but think it'd be better used for blades...but then again, a few knives wouldn't carry all this stuff across the desert. But then AGAIN...why carry all this stuff?

Ugh. It was a never-ending spiral, trying to understand the noisy big folk. Best just to play along, at least until her purpose was accomplished.

Azurewraith

Explorer
With repairs complete the wagon lurched forward the two Muls mutter to each other in the drivers seat.

OOC: So it sounds like your wanting to avoid traveling when the sun is hottest ya? Given the time you set off at that would likely be nap time.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
14tyqe9.jpg

Tyr
Nearing Dawn

With the wheel fixed, Kimet chose to walk alongside the wagon rather than add her weight to the broken axle’s burden. She kept her eyes peeled for further trouble, and as the sun progressed, for a place to stop and rest for the day out of the heat.

OOC: Any oases or other known stops in this direction?
Survival: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

[sblock=Saves]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kimet Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 17
HP: 15/18 HD: 1/1d12
Rage: 1/2 LR
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Nothing permanent in this area aalthough it is not unheard of for nomadic tribes to use a small rocky out cropping for shelter just 30mins west of the road. No water other than what you brought but it will provide some shelter from the sun. Something from the supplies in back may help also.

Remove ads