D&D 5E Dark sun Times of change

GreenKarl

First Post
Eevuu Farseeker shrugs at the payment offer as it seems adequate and the interplay between the halfling and the others interested him not at all. They were all strangers here and Eevuu would watch them all with a weary eye.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: You should have brought me along. I don't care about such things, but I can smell a liar's pheromones. I'd clack at you if they're lying (if you asked!) :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
14tyqe9.jpg

Tyr/Villa
Midday

Kimet returned to her tenement flat for the afternoon siesta. Most of the flats were shared among multiple people, but she’d had enough this week to have her own room, so she could lock the door securely. Still, before going inside she paused to focus her wild talent, extending a sensing eye into her flat to make sure no opportunistic enemies were there. It was clear, so she went inside.

Going down to the courtyard, she got a bowl of beans from the communal pot, some hard bread, and a skin of water and returned to her rooms. She stripped off her armor to sit naked in the afternoon heat as she ate and sweat and then took a nap. When the red sun started to descend she dressed again and gathered up her pack. She didn’t have much that she didn’t carry with her. LIfe as a nomad meant she learned to travel light.

Kimet knocked on the door across the hall and a young woman answered. She was a pretty young thing, though that likely wouldn’t last long in the tenements. “They still leaving you alone, Fern?” Kimet asked, eying the dubious looking men that shared the flat with the young girl. They sat playing bones in a corner, arguing a bit. One had his arm still in a sling from when Kimet had dislocated it when they tried to take advantage of the girl.

“Yes, Kimet,” she said, giving a faint smile but lowering her gaze.

“Good.” Kimet glared at the men warningly. “Look, I’m going to be gone a few days, and my room is paid up. It’s yours if you want it. Still have that dagger I gave you?” She pressed a small bone key into Fern’s hand.

“Yes,” Fern said. “And...thank you.” She gave the blonde warrior a hug, which Kimet returned.

“Good. Keep it locked and keep the dagger close. There’s a bit of old bread and water stashed under the floorboards in the corner if you can’t afford the common meal. Gather your things.”

Kimet waited outside until Fern emerged with a blanket tied around the bundle of items she owned. Kimet let her into her flat and closed the door behind her. Then she crossed to the other room and kicked open the door.

“I hear anyone harasses Fern while I’m gone, I’m bringing your innards to my halfling friend,” the blonde woman warned, blue eyes glaring at them. “Do I need to give you a reminder?” She pulled out a handaxe and twirled it around her hand.

The men cowered in the corner. “No, Kimet! No one will touch her!”

“Good.” She turned and left.

Kimet was at the rendezvous point with the wagon as the sun went down and the air cooled. She pulled out her white travel robe. Nights got cold on Athas.

[sblock=Kimet Mini Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 17
HP: 18/18 HD: 1/1d12
Rage: 2/2 LR
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
The plan seemed to have been made, the others scattered, and Kanna returned to her makeshift shelter just outside the city. Human children, like skinny underdeveloped First People, played around the tiny spring that provided water for the soil there. Watching them made Kanna feel the absence of her home, like a piece of her was stretched out past the horizon. Sometimes it hit her, how alone she was here. How far she was from her heart.

No. She'd shed no water for it. The world was not dead, and its heartbeat had led her here. It wasn't just to restore a patch of earth, even if the full purpose was not yet clear.

Wedged into the shadows between rocks, she risked a bit of sleep. On waking when the sun was low she dressed and gathered her things and made her way towards the agreed-upon place. There was no trace she'd ever stayed in the rocks now, and the farmers would be saying their prayers to nothing...as perhaps they'd always been.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Chtckh'Chtckh was unsure if he understood the time of the gathering, so as soon as everyone left the meeting, he went right to the spot and stood there until everyone else arrived, many hours later.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Hard to gather information when peoples reaction will generally be cannibals are invading ahhhhh. Be as bad as a drow knocking on your door at night.

Remove ads