• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkhawk: The Horror Begins

dave_o

Explorer
A green boy, for a certainty. Allister straightens a bit, forcing his stomach to cease it's roiling as best he can. "See the filth slick on his skin, he is twisted and taken already," Allister peers at Balin, "and you would see him rot in one of these cells, after binding him with," he tosses his hands up, "with nothing -- trust in me, death would be kinder."

"I would take the burden," not for the first time, nor the last, I warrant, "but my stomach recoils from the ... guard, so fiercely, my hand would not be sure."

Strange cellmates, me a wolf among the sheep, is my heart so dark? "But if you will have it no other way, this must be dealt with, and I'll help you bind him as best I can," Allister concedes.

Balin nods, and hands Allister the weapon. "I'll bind him. Take care - kill him if he wakes up."

With that, he will take whatever, even rip bands from his clothing and first gag, then bind the watchman.

He'll take all of the guards belongings, and should the watchman not awaken, just leave the drunkard where he is.

dave_o

Explorer
Still a little unsteady on his feet, Allister crouches in front of the drunken guard, his tunic pulled up over his nose and a jagged chunk of stone in his hand lingering near the oozing man's throat. As Balin proceeds to gag and bind the gaoler, Allister keeps a keen eye on both, making an inventory of the guard from this closer vantage and making note of anything that would be useful in escape.

I need a proper blade, and perhaps a subterfuge in the guard's clothing? A particularly pungent wave of the man's stench washes over Allister, causing the soldier to shudder. No, never, we will have to go without.

Allister will attempt to relieve the guard of any weapons he's skilled with, otherwise he'll let Balin have 'em.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jonathon moves forward to help with the Binding of the guard. "We must arm ourselves and be out of this place.." He looks down at the mace "are either of you proficient with those?" (If not, He'll pick up the shield and mace and test their balance)

dave_o

Explorer
Allister's gaze moves to Jonathon, eyeballing the boy. "Too clumsy for me," the solider keeps his rough voice low, "so they're yours, provided you're able to use them." Hardly stirring at all, I've never even been that deep in my cups, reaching out, Allister takes the discarded jug in hand and gives it a tenative sniff, before recoiling and placing the front of his tunic securely over his nose once more. Small wonder.

The solider returns his gaze to the guards throat and the jagged mortar point a mere hair's length away from it, waiting for signs of awakening. Another green boy, just let me get out of here alive or else die quickly.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
By tearing the sleeves off your shirts, you manage to get enough material to gag the guard and bind his hands and feet. However, as you finish the process, two things become apparent. First of all, the guard begins to stir and opens his eyes, apparently awake although, judging by the glassy look in his eye, probably not entirely cognizant of what is going on around him. Second, it will be impossible to remove his leather armor without first unbinding him, which may prove a complication as he is now awake. However, you do manage to recover his light mace (not masterwork) and light wooden shield (also not masterwork) without difficulty. He also has 12 copper coins and 2 silver coins in his belt pouch.

Other than the cells, the only exit from this chamber appears to be a large doorway behind where the guard was standing. Additionally, it might be a good idea to take the torch out of the sconce in the wall, as there is no telling how well lit the rest of this dungeon is.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Kyros finally slinks away from the cell that until recently held his companions and himself, moving to join Balin at the exiting door; he wrinkles his nose in disgust as he passes by the foetid guard.

"It is unfortunate that bringing him along is likely infeasible," Kyros muses aloud, but softly, eyeing the drunken wretch. "I would have liked to question him about all of this after he sobers up."

dave_o

Explorer
His bile under control, Allister takes a few quiet steps over to the torch burning fiercely in its sconce, his bare feet rasping on the stone floor. With a light clank he takes it in hand, before turning to face the other three. "I know not who you are," his gravel voice kept quiet, "nor has it bearing on the present, especially here, where our gaelor can hear."

For a moment, Allister simply regards the trio, scratching at his overgrown salt and pepper beard, old beyond his days. "If you merely do as I say, and keep your head, we will leave this place, I can promise you this." Not the first nor the last group of boys I'll command, not much younger than myself yet their eyes are so young, where mine have seen so much -- still, this will be much harder without a Lieutenant before my name, I hope they will listen.

Allister points to Jonathon with the end of the torch, "I'd have you in step just behind me, and you," he indicates Kyros, "just behind him," finally, he points to Balin as the elf peers into the adjacent passage, "I'd ask you to take point with myself just beside, given your apparent resilency to," he jabs the torch toward the guard, "this sort of thing."

Feel free to disagree, Allister's just a military man and tends to fall into organizing things!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads