• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkness Under Cold Stones

Land Outcast

Explorer
Danya has grown used to the presence of the orc, specially after hearing him speak.

At this strong declaration, she smiles and nods towards the fire. "Good then"

Again she turns to look at you, and fixes her gaze on Ivan
"Ivan, I will ask you to remain tonight at this room with our guests" she stops as if having realized something "of course, you may pay for a room at the inn, just that here it will be thousandfold cheaper... free"

"He will probably want some sleep" shifting her face from Kragor "but maybe, just maybe, it'd be good for you to know who each other is"

"In case anything arises, and if you don't have any present questions, I'll be at the Red Dragon Inn... the place where half-frost travelers in need of a healer arrive"

OOC: The sun is setting, but it is the cold season, so it ain't that late. Just mentioning it in case someone was thinking to about doing anything outside.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Balund considers the room briefly, nodding as he does so. "This will do. Warm fire, roof over our heads. There is no need for luxury, for the spirits always provide.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Shoon speaks up again, "You are leaving? What if something happens while you're gone?" he says, glancing back at Sion. "What should I do?"

Rhun

First Post
Balund looks at Sion and then back to Shoon. "Fear not. I have some experience dealing with injuries, and shall be close at hand should your friend require assistance. Danya's presence will not be needed."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ivan nods at Danya's request.

"I will remain here."

He turns at Shoon's comment.

"I too am a healer, between Balund and myself, we should suffice. And Danya will not be far away either. Have no fear for your friend."

He stands away from the wall now once Danya leaves and looks around at the others in the room.

"Perhaps I should introduce myself. I am Ivan, as some of you already know. I am a Brother of the Flame, Danya is my mentor. Although she and most of our brethren must remain in town to see to the people, I will be accompanying you all, lending my arm and my magic to the cause."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Shoon calms down somewhat at Ivan's reasurance and returns to sitting quietly, and watching the others, every once in a while turning to look at the young woman on the bed.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Before going through the same door she came in, the woman comes beside Ivan and says in a whisper "Maybe Balund can shed some light over the strange sign we felt, if possible consult him in that"

She exits the room swiftly.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
"Yes. Fear not. If she becomes possessed by an evil spirit I have a big sword and am ready." the orc says reassuringly.

Rhun

First Post
Balund moves about the room, tracing strange symbols in the air and upon the walls with his finger, and occasionally whispering under his breath. After several minutes of this, he turns back to the rest of the group. "Now we can speak openly, and the evil spirits will leave us alone."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Voadam said:
"Yes. Fear not. If she becomes possessed by an evil spirit I have a big sword and am ready." the orc says reassuringly.

Shoon's eye's go so wide it seems they are about to pop out of his head. He stares at the orc with his mouth slightly ajar, after a while he stammers out; "You- stay away!" he pulls the stool he's been sitting on so that he is again between the orc and the bed, and continues to stare at him, watching his every motion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads