• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darkness Under Cold Stones

Rhun

First Post
Balund grins at Shoon's reaction to the burly orc. "Do not worry. Thoma will not harm you. He walks in harmony with the spirits." With that, the tatooed man moves to make himself comfortable upon one of the beds, sitting cross-legged so that he can face the others. "Tell us about yourselves. Why have you come to this place?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Despite Balund's words Shoon stays where he is, not worried for his own safety but for Sion's. He remains quiet waiting for the others to speak first.

Voadam

Legend
"Spirits can be good or bad. Frost ape good for Thoma, is Thoma, give strength. Bad for Thoma enemies. Griffin good for Thoma, give name. Fire wolf unknown. Others unknown. Be ready either way. For Thoma fighting against fellow orcs, not a problem. Saving unknown villagers, could care less. Spirits say go, Thoma does not care about their plans or wants. Balund says he's in, Thoma is in. He sticks with his friends. Good, bad, Thoma is the one with a big sword."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ivan raises one eyebrow quizzically at Thoma's self summary, but eventually shrugs to himself. He only hoped that the spirits remained on his side until this was all over. Still, some calming influence seemed neccesary.

"Thoma, thank you for your willingness for action, but I do not believe her to be in danger of possession. She is merely ill, and your sword will not be neccesary here."

Then he turns to Balund once more, the others seemed reticent to talk right now. Introductions could wait for a while, he may as well follow Danya's wishes.

"As my mentor mentioned, there was a sign recently that led me to seek you and your aid in this field. The morning of the day that I set out to seek you, all of the Brethren in the town experienced the same strange effect. A bone chilling cold swept through us upon awakening, much more than could be accounted for by a simple breeze or coincidence."

Scotley

Hero
Kragor

Feeling the eyes of the others on him. Kragor tells a little of himself, "My name is Kragor. I ah recently left the scolarly acedmy in the south having completed my course work. My em instructors encouraged me to see a little of the world to supplement what I learned in classes. I foolishly choose to journey north into the teeth of winter. Thanks to the good lady of this place, I've survived to learn from my mistake."

Rhun

First Post
hafrogman said:
"As my mentor mentioned, there was a sign recently that led me to seek you and your aid in this field. The morning of the day that I set out to seek you, all of the Brethren in the town experienced the same strange effect. A bone chilling cold swept through us upon awakening, much more than could be accounted for by a simple breeze or coincidence."

Balund nods gravely as he listens to Ivan speak. "Most people would pass this off as just an odd coincidence. But those who walk with the spirits know well how those spirits can interact with the mortal world. They are speaking to you, warning you. But of what, I do not know. The spirits are notoriously cryptic with their messages..."

Voadam

Legend
Thoma hunkers down and eyes Shoon and his odd accoutrements. "So little man, do you fight, or is that for farming?" Thoma gestures at Shoon's odd sickle-like kama. He turns to Balund "Some men farm, right?"

Rhun

First Post
Voadam said:
Thoma gestures at Shoon's odd sickle-like kama. He turns to Balund "Some men farm, right?"

Balund nods sagely. "That's correct, my friend. Many men farm, though some find their meals by hunting." He points to Shoon's unusual weapon. "That appears to be a weapon of war, though I would guess that its origin was much more mundane."

Dire Lemming

First Post
Shoon starts when he realizes he is being asked a question directly, and looks down at his Kama; "This? No, this is a weapon. Sion and I are um, bounty hunters." He apparently beleives that no more explanation is required.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads