D&D 5E Darksun 3.0

Zardnaar

Legend
Another thing about defining magic is, it's not just plant life that wizards draw from, It's all life. While PCs can only draw from plant life, the sorcerer kings and dragon can draw from animal life also. The radius of defilement was 5ft per spell level if I remember correctly. Why it's so devastating is because that area of land becomes barren for 1000 yrs, which is why defiled are usually killed on site.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
The original rules it varied by terrain type

5' spell level it easier to keep track of though.

Zardnaar

Legend
I have a few things to say. You did a pretty good job but, you shouldn't assign negatives to races like they did in second edition. You can use the goliath race in sword coast for half giants, because that's what they are anyway.

Also Bits are not a coin. They are literally pieces of a ceramic coin. The coins can be broken into up to 10 pieces (i.e. bits).

Now for the warlock class, I agree the 3 patrons in the PHB can really be in Dark Sun, but the Pact of the Immortal can be. I would impose the limitation that that is the only pact and they are automatically defilers.

Now the question is how will wild talents be distributed with the characters? How many points will they get or will their ability be they can use the power a certain number of times a day? The reason this question needs to be answered is because, if you give them points, there will have to be enough to use the power at least once a day, so that would mean at least 7 points. If that is the case, what happens if someone rolls a weak power, or one that you can spend up to 7 points? They can spam that power at least 7 times a day. If the power is x times a day, then what number will that be, 1,2,3 times a day? I think we need the final version of the mystic class to come out before we do this, but I would like to see this world come back.

Volos Guide has negative modifiers.

Goliath race might be better off reskinned as Mul or Mul rewritten to get the Goliath racial power.

ANy objections to a single archetype if I add in Sorcerers and Warlocks? I'll have a look at the immortal if it is suitably generic.

neogod22

Explorer
I think give Muls, half orc stats, that will actually fit. You can change goliath racial to resistance to heat instead of cold, sorcerers shouldn't exist. We will have to find their-green stats somewhere.

Zardnaar

Legend
I think give Muls, half orc stats, that will actually fit. You can change goliath racial to resistance to heat instead of cold, sorcerers shouldn't exist. We will have to find their-green stats somewhere.

More or less agree about the Sorcerer thing, there is maybe 1 area of Athas I could maybe see wild sorcerers from, Dragon sorcerers are out.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Weren't muls the workhorses of the darksun world known for their unparalleled endurance? Perhaps something as simple as advantage on all Constitution checks would be a good addition for a racial ability.

Zardnaar

Legend
Weren't muls the workhorses of the darksun world known for their unparalleled endurance? Perhaps something as simple as advantage on all Constitution checks would be a good addition for a racial ability.

Yes they were. That would have flow on things in 5E like advantage on concentration rolls.

I'm leaning towards proficiency in athletics and the goliath racial power.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Yes they were. That would have flow on things in 5E like advantage on concentration rolls.

I'm leaning towards proficiency in athletics and the goliath racial power.
I'd personally be fine with this working on concentration checks. I wouldn't really associate athletics with muls but I could see the goliath ability to resist damage as a means to represent their endurance.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'd personally be fine with this working on concentration checks. I wouldn't really associate athletics with muls but I could see the goliath ability to resist damage as a means to represent their endurance.

They were also quite strong how about

+2 str/+2 con or
+2 str +1 con or dex
proficient athletics
Goliath racial power
advantage on con checks

neogod22

Explorer
They were also quite strong how about

+2 str/+2 con or
+2 str +1 con or dex
proficient athletics
Goliath racial power
advantage on con checks
The problem is, half giants are stronger, but since 5th edition don't have negatives, it's hard to justify giving half giants +4 str and +2 con. And giving Muls +2 str and +2 con. The only thing that would be fair would be giving half giants mountain dwarf stats and Mul half orc stats, but give the giants the goliath racial minus the mountain conditioning (maybe?)

Remove ads