• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darksun Teasers

Obryn

Hero
FOr the 4E version, I just do not see it being a good fit, unless some 4E assumptions are eleiminated or changed. I really hop they do change 4E a bit to the setting, as I would like to see the setting trump 4E rather than the other way around as it was with the last two settings.
Actually, I think that's a fair bet, given what they said at the conference. It'll be 3 years into the game by the time Dark Sun comes out, and I think the design team has gotten progressively more experimental and more competent as books have come out. I would not be surprised if some 4e assumptions are completely changed in DS.

Like I said, though, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything which says (for example) "You may not play a gnome." Rather, I expect a blurb about how gnomes are exceedingly unusual &etc.

-O

OchreJelly

First Post
Count me as another of the growing minority that is 4E / DS lovers (and 2E DS lover to boot). When the guild is formed, let me know cuz I'd like to petition to join.

Going back to the blog, Rich Baker says "Some folks would say that I really overthought this." Oh Rich, that's so nice of you to say, but really you should leave it to us fans to over-think these things. :)

Nellisir

Hero
I don't remember the map he's referencing, but from what I -do- recall, couldn't one just assume a gradual/sloping land rise/uplift instead? Does it really have to be HERE IS A MOUNTAINS SO THE SEA DOESN"T GO INTO THE HOLE! ?

It seems rather...dramatic.

AllisterH

First Post
I don't remember the map he's referencing, but from what I -do- recall, couldn't one just assume a gradual/sloping land rise/uplift instead? Does it really have to be HERE IS A MOUNTAINS SO THE SEA DOESN"T GO INTO THE HOLE! ?

It seems rather...dramatic.

Actually not really.

If I'm reading it right...the issue is why the Silt from the silt sea doesn't fill up the Dragon's bowl given there's nothing in between the silt sea and the Dragon Bowl.

Rechan

Adventurer
Warforged and Devas should be worked as very rare races. Fixed.
Warforged make sense, IMO.

Someone else posted the idea here, but I'll paraphrase:

Mechanical guards of Obsidian, Bone and Stone, the unstoppable hand of a Sorcerer King, one that does not need to drink, to rest, to fear the black sun and the wastes.

All the sorcerer-kings, being dragons, or partial dragons of Athas, and having numerous harems through their incredibly long lifespans may have inadvertantly spawned the dragonborn.

Also, templars make pacts of allegiance with these powerful beings and are granted power in exchange. Perhaps a new warlock pact?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
1. The text is unreadable.
2. From what has been side it is going the mangled rout I thought it would
3. I will morn the massacre of yet another setting to 4e alter
4. For those that are pumped about it, I hope you really do enjoy it.

You are assuming it is a mangled massacre, with no analysis as to why. Could you please explain why you feel this way?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
What's up with using light gray text on white background?!?

Practically impossible to read without doing "select all"...

Again, MOST people are seeing black text. A minority (but enough to be meaningful) are seeing gray. So, I am not sure what is going on, but I am nearly certain it was not intentionally gray.

Remove ads