Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk tries to make sense of the notes.

ooc: insight: 1d20+1 = 2 lol

"Aggghhh...I can't decipher any of this!" He is about ready to crumple it up, but at the last second thinks better of it. He notices the dwarf wizard and strides boldly over to him, thrusting the notes into the dwarf's face. " Magnus, I've found something that might interest you. Maybe you can make sense of it. I cannot. " Grakk hands the notes to him not waiting for an answer, obviously glad to rid himself of them.

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Magnus, with wide eyes, quickly snatched the book away from the seemingly ill shifter, lest it become damaged.

Later...is as good as now...

Moving a blunt finger through the air in a swirling motion, he looked at Kamotz with concern in his mad eyes.

Try to...embrace it...yes...you'll feel better...

The thought was interrupted by a wad of burnt papers thrust in his face. Magnus seemed to immediately forget the previous moment and fell on the damaged note with his full concentration. His heavy brow furrowed as he tried to will himself into understanding the missing contents.

Not much left...no...not much...

Magnus stared at it for a while, tugging on is beard.

Another way...maybe...yes...to bring it full circle...

...gather the ashes...

[sblock=ooc]

Whew that's a pretty sparse note, my own intellect has availed me very little. :p

Insight (1d20+9=23)

Maybe we can purchase a make whole ritual and repair it.
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon moves around to peek over Magnus's shoulder. "This part here looks like 'North Gate', and this....Don-something House, maybe?" Looking more closely, he mutters, "I think this is from the people who were threatening him. The ones who killed the family."

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Grakk builds a hut and camps out reading serveral romance novels as he waits patiently for the adventure to pick up again. B-)
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon turns sharply at Kamotz's statement. "You...can do that?" he says with a mix of skepticism and astonishment. He is a follower of the death god, I suppose...

CaBaNa

First Post
I could help, but I think Magnus is more suited to the task. replies Kamotz

[sblock=OOC]

What say we run a Speak with Dead ritual, kick in the cash, or equivalent in components, and have Magnus ask Varonus some questions?

Can Kamotz copy the rituals out of that book? I know it takes a certain amount of time though... I think something like 8 hours per ritual. So it may be an after the adventure, Ritual Casters of the group go for a sequestered study.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

What say we run a Speak with Dead ritual, kick in the cash, or equivalent in components, and have Magnus ask Varonus some questions?

Can Kamotz copy the rituals out of that book? I know it takes a certain amount of time though... I think something like 8 hours per ritual. So it may be an after the adventure, Ritual Casters of the group go for a sequestered study.

[/sblock]

ooc: how much cash from each character? I know nothing about rituals

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You ask the corpse of an intelligent creature questions and receive answers. The corpse knows what the creature knew in life, what has occurred near the corpse, and no more; the spirit has (usually) moved on to another plane and is not present in the body.

23 gold each, Kamotz can pay the extra 2 gold, if Magnus (with our aid) gets over a 10 we get one question, over 20 we get two, and over 30 we get three.

With the right question(s), we could possibly trigger a minor quest, or get an upper-hand in the coming conflict.

[/sblock]

Remove ads