Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon stands in thought, a half-memory tickling the back of his brain. "Hang on Magnus, can I see that note again?"

[sblock=ooc]What the hey, I'll try a Streetwise roll. 1d20+10=17[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk turns abruptly in order to obvserve the warlock analyze the notes. In doing so, the smashed head of the body that he's carrying sprays clotted blood, skull fragments and brain in a wide arc, some of which hits Vrrsk't, Kamotz. It would have hit Vixo as well had he not made a quick jump to avoid the splatter.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Morvannon gets a maddening feeling that there's something there, a useful clue, if only he could put his finger on it. But he can't quite grasp it, and after a long look, he's forced to admit, at least to himself, that it's not going to come to him.

RedBeardJim

First Post
"Aach, never mind. I'll probably remember it when I'm asleep sometime next week," snarls Morvannon. "Let's get to the temple."

He gestures to Grakk to precede him, keeping well back from the grisly trophy.

[sblock=ooc]Warlock.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Warlock.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
crap...I knew that...sorry RedbeardJim :)
[/sblock]

"Right!" Grakk states as he moves towards the exit, ducking his head as to not hit the doorway. The body of the smashed one was not so lucky as the sound flesh bumping the top of the exit doorway echoes throughout the room. Grakk cringes at the sound, but doesn't hesitate as he moves forward with his destination being the Temple of Lauto.

Oni

First Post
Magnus ambled out after the barbarian, keeping a respectful distance between himself and the carelessly carried corpse.

[sblock=Once back at the Temple]
Once back at the Temple, having procured the necessary inks and reagents, Magnus wasted no time in secluding himself in the library to study and scribe the necessary ritual. Many hours later, when all the preparations were complete, he carefully laid out all of the fragments that he had been able to collect on a chalk diagram and began the necessary incantations.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

I'll make the necessary adjustments to my sheet, assuming that nothing prevents me from completing the necessary actions. Also what will be the cost in components for repairing the note?

[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz drags himself along with the group, not flinching away from the gore spatter as they walk. Grakk, if you don't mind my asking, how did your people get so huge?

dimsdale

First Post
Kamotz drags himself along with the group, not flinching away from the gore spatter as they walk. Grakk, if you don't mind my asking, how did your people get so huge?

Grakk pauses to think about the question for a bit and then states: "Where I live, the weather patterns are extreme, huge beasts have the power to kill without any effort, and rival tribes are always looking for the advantage to attack without a moments notice. One must be big and strong in order to survive." He walks a few steps further, then turns around and faces Kamotz. He speaks with a serious, stern voice. "You would not last long." After a few seconds he breaks out into loud laughter, shakes his head, and then give Kamotz a powerful forearm shiver that almost knocks the shifter off his already unsteady feet. "Just kidding friend. You'd like it there. There is never a dull moment. One day I will return there when the time is right..." his voice trails off as if something is distracting him. He then returns to his serious driven self again and moves towards the temple.

Remove ads