• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon eyes the antics of his comrades with a mixture of bewilderment and amusement. "I think I'm going to go see if Magnus needs any help with the notes," he says and follows the dwarf to the library.

covaithe

Explorer
Not long after Morvannon excuses himself to check on Magnus, a breathless acolyte comes pelting up and announces that the High Priest will see you now. Evidently, one of them must have run to inform him of your presence and desire to see him.

Once in his office, he looks up. His face is lined with fatigue, but his eyes are still piercing. "Greetings. I'm told you wished to see me? Do you have news of my missing agents?"

[sblock=ooc]Not sure where you're going with this trip to see Belingras, but I'm trying to play along. If you let me know what you have in mind, maybe I can facilitate?[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Morvannon]It takes you only a few minutes to find the library, and the librarians there know exactly who you're talking about when you inquire after Magnus. With rolled eyes and patient sighs they direct you to a quiet cubicle in the stacks, where Magnus sits, engrossed in studying a magical ritual.
[/sblock]

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't tags along dutifully, happy for the portions of the trip that take the group outside, where he can be in the light of his lord, Apoli.

[sblock=ooc]
finals, ack. I just skimmed to make sure I wasn't needed for combat. V is in one of his introspective moods, I guess...
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz hears the question, and thinks it best to reassure the High Priest, We are making strides toward our brothers whereabouts. I came to report our current findings, while my Pack finishes putting together the pieces of our investigation. Varonus, the corpse we brought with us, seems to have attracted those who serve the dark one we aim to defeat. He became very proficient in the summoning of otherworldly beings. When we happened upon him, he was holed into a secret summoning chamber, with a Demon of considerable power. We slew the demon as he could not banish back to it's own plane. Varonus is a member of the family which owned the house that is now a crime scene. When my arcane Pack members finish their part of the research, we should be able to continue on the path to our agents and the defeat of Zal'Ekthees. Kamotz stands waiting to be dismissed or for further direction.

[sblock=OOC]

Kamotz is just bringing a body to the temple as per usual, and decided to report their current findings.

I think Magnus was interested in the library of the temple for rituals and such.

We are piecing things together and this just happened to be a convenient place to start.

Morvannon needed title information on the deed of the house.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon experiences an unexpected wave of nostalgia and homesickness as he passes through the library. I haven't seen a collection like this since I left home...

"Magnus? Have you found anything? Do you need any assistance?"

covaithe

Explorer
Kamotz hears the question, and thinks it best to reassure the High Priest, We are making strides toward our brothers whereabouts. I came to report our current findings, while my Pack finishes putting together the pieces of our investigation. Varonus, the corpse we brought with us, seems to have attracted those who serve the dark one we aim to defeat. He became very proficient in the summoning of otherworldly beings. When we happened upon him, he was holed into a secret summoning chamber, with a Demon of considerable power. We slew the demon as he could not banish back to it's own plane. Varonus is a member of the family which owned the house that is now a crime scene. When my arcane Pack members finish their part of the research, we should be able to continue on the path to our agents and the defeat of Zal'Ekthees. Kamotz stands waiting to be dismissed or for further direction.

Belingras looks slightly disappointed. "I had hoped for more substantial news, but it appears that you are making progress. Carry on, my son." He nods, a clear dismissal.

As you make your way back down to the main entrance hall, there is a slight disturbance as a blood-covered half-orc with a very loud voice is shouting something about oppression and the evils of capitalism. It's hard to make out exactly what he's saying, through his thick accent and the booming echoes off the high arched ceilings. Several other adventurers, also covered in blood, bundle him out the doorway and into the street with long-suffering looks.

The young bespectacled priest approaches Kamotz. "Sorry about the delay. The ritual team on duty is available now, if you're ready to speak to the departed."

CaBaNa

First Post
Allow me a moment to retrieve the rest of the Pack, Kamotz knows he isn't the most intelligent shifter, and he feels a little overwhelmed by the cerebral nature of detective work. they are more specialized for something so delicate. As he walks toward the library Kamotz can only think to himself, *Specialized... Like not stupid... Morvannon, and Magnus, mad or not, are smart, far more intelligent than I. Can't go talking to the dead without the "experts"*

covaithe

Explorer
Kamotz follows the same trail Morvannon did, not long ago, and within a short time comes across Morvannon and Magnus, in the library, intently studying a ritual scroll.

[sblock=ooc]Magnus, up to you how to proceed. You can send the others away and finish studying it, or set it aside for later and go with them. You'd have to finish studying the ritual another time. (But won't have to pay the fee again.)
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads