Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

CaBaNa

First Post
The shifter comes out of the kitchen, and back into the grand central hall, joining his Pack. Notice how all the bodies have closed mouths, except this girl here. Taking a bite out of his meal, Kamotz chews and swallows before continuing.

When you look into the open, oddly open, mouth... he takes a finger, and taps his claw against some of the teeth, here, here, and here... he removes his finger so the others can look, if they can stomach it. The teeth are jagged, where-as for someone this age, they would be worn down a bit. These broken and chipped teeth are relatively recent, either just before, or just after the murder. taking another bite, he lets the heavy scent of death, taint the flavor of his meal.

These bodies are getting ripe, we should either refrigerate them, or take them to the Temple... They shouldn't have been left by the last group, must have been in a terrible rush...

[sblock=OOC]

This house sure does look like the Closed Eye crew has been through it!

Everything absolutely smashed, tortured/bound dead folks littering the floor, and seemingly nothing of value left!
Yup, Palindrome, Woe, Atreus, and Tander written all over this.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
thanks for taking over covaithe. Sorry everyone for the delay. I was away from a computer for 3 days
[/sblock]

Grakk carefully inspects the entry wounds in hopes of finding the weapon that caused these inhonorable deaths. Maybe in learning instrument of death, he could then provide a clue as to who would use this type of weapon to do such an act of violence. After serious observation for a long period of time, Grakk shakes his head in anger, obviously upset that he couldn't find what he was looking for.

[sblock=perception roll]

perception roll: 1d20+5=8
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Brain

First Post
Vixo applies his knowledge of thievery to the problem.

[sblock=ooc]thievery check for skill challenge (1d20+12+2=18)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Current status effects: none
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]
Multiclass Fighter Power [Student of the Sword Feat]

Blinding Barrage [Rogue 1]
Sneak in the Attack [Rogue 2]
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk reaches down a puts his finger in the pool of blood. He swipes the blood down both of his cheeks. "We must kill the ones responsible for the deaths of these people."

CaBaNa

First Post
No Grakk, that wouldn't do any good... We capture them, and use Vrrsk't's people's method. Remember how Slardazial was saved upon death.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Grakk now has a minor quest: gain revenge on the murderers. In addition, he gets +1 to intimidate checks made towards that purpose.

Also, I meant to do this before, but forgot: Kamotz has a minor quest; earn a promotion in the Temple of Lauto.

Vrrsk't is up, but since roadtoad said his ability to play would be limited, I'd appreciate if one of you could take his turn for him, just to keep things moving.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Yay! A minor quest!

Congrats to you as well dimsdale!

If Roadtoad hasn't posted Vrrsk't's actions by early evening, I'll likely post for him. That is if someone hasn't beaten me to it.

Covaithe, you rock my shared world. Thanks again for all the effort you put in around here, I always have a blast when you run the show!

[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
sweet! A sub quest. Can't wait...Congrats to you as well CaBaNa...even though as you read in my post, my character is being a little harsh towards yours...sorry, Grakk's got a temper. No hard feeling? :)
[/sblock]

No Grakk, that wouldn't do any good... We capture them, and use Vrrsk't's people's method. Remember how Slardazial was saved upon death.

Grakk glares at Kamotz and then calms himself in order to speak "Where I come from...when people do something like this, they pay with their lives...an eye for an eye...Do what you feel you must cleric, but someone is definitely going to pay for this act of horror when it's all said and done. I'll make sure of it." He grips his greatsword tightly as he says his last words. Blood, again trickles from his griping hand.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Grakk examines the bodies, but his anger is too fierce to take in details.

Vixo, aided by Morvannon's insights, takes in the thorough ransacking of the house. Whoever did this search was thorough, and competent. In fact, Vixo feels fairly confident that any mundane hiding place would have been revealed by such a search. Perhaps there is magical concealment involved?

Vrrsk't falls with a crash to his armored knees beside the young woman's body, heedless of the blood, and begins carefully examining her face and teeth, looking for further clues.

[sblock=Status]Grakk's perception fails.

Vixo's thievery succeeds, unlocking arcana as a primary skill.

Vrrsk't aids another with Heal, succeeding with 1d20+3=10.

2 success, 1 failure. Everyone is up.

[/sblock]

Remove ads