Daunton's Dead Shadow (DM:Ukingsken, Judge:????)

covaithe

Explorer
Grakk's sharp eyes spot a faint iridescent gleam just above the stones near one of the vertical sides of the fireplace. Suspicious, he gives the stones a good sharp kick, and is rewarded with the sound, not of solid stone, but of wooden planks splintering beneath his boot!

With the illusion identified, it is the work of moments by the party's skilled magic users to see through it. With the illusion dispelled, the fireplace is slightly smaller, and the stones on the side Grakk kicked are really a narrow doorway with a simple latch. Grakk has very nearly kicked the door off; it hangs loosely by one hinge, half open. Through the gap you can see that the space behind the door is a very narrow staircase leading steeply down. Those of you who are large or heavily armored will have to squeeze to pass through.

ooc: Success!

CaBaNa

First Post
Vrrsk't, what do you make of this? Kamotz holds out some of the fiber, pinched between hairy fingers.
It came from within her mouth, she may have been hiding whatever it was. Her jaw was pried to get at it, or that's what it looks like. The shifter begins to wonder what Magnus could be up to, as the silence had gone on for a while, and that was never a good sign where Magnus was involved.

CaBaNa

First Post
Standing, and tucking the evidence in a small bag, Kamotz rushes to Morvannon. Seeing the hole in the wall, he slows, and cocks his head to the side.

Good find, let's take care of the dead, and then follow the trail. This is all I have, Kamotz pulls the fiber from his bag and shows it to Morvannon. Whatever it came from was pried from the girls mouth. he turns and heads back toward the entrance.

Popping his head out, Guards, send a runner to the Temple of Lauto. Tell them I have five bodies, tainted, for pick up.

With the dead cared for, Kamotz returns to the pack and the mission at hand.

covaithe

Explorer
"Yessir," the guard bangs his fist on his chest in salute and goes to make it happen.

[sblock=ooc]If (when?) you decide to go down the narrow stair, I'd like a marching order and a list of whatever light sources you use, along with any other precautions. You know the drill.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Kamotz will be second in line, unless someone else wants behind Vrrsk't, whom I'm assuming wants to be up front with the light... He will have both hands on his triple-headed flail, which will be out.

Kamotz has to Squeeze doesn't he? Crap... Can anyone fit without squeezing? I'm looking at you Vixo... [/sblock]
We should have someone scout this out... VIXO!

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Kamotz will be second in line, unless someone else wants behind Vrrsk't, whom I'm assuming wants to be up front with the light... He will have both hands on his triple-headed flail, which will be out.

Kamotz has to Squeeze doesn't he? Crap... Can anyone fit without squeezing? I'm looking at you Vixo... [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
You think Kamotz has to squeeze...what about Grakk!
Grakk will go last, bringing up the rear. He'll have his great sword "biter" out ready to pounce...that's if he makes it out of the cramped stairwell without getting stuck!
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

What kind of armor were the guards outside wearing? if it is hide or leather, and that would allow Kamotz to avoid squeezing, I'd have him pay them full price.

[/sblock]

Brain

First Post
Vixo agrees to go first and check things out.

[sblock=ooc]It works better if someone behind carries a light. Vixo can't sneak very well carrying a light source.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Vixo - Male Kobold Rogue 2
Passive Perception:17, Passive Insight:12, Senses: Normal
AC:17, Fortitude:14, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6, Size: Small
HP: 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges left 9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Current status effects: none
Powers -
Shifty (Minor action shift 1) [Kobold Racial]
Deft Strike [Rogue 1]
Riposte Strike [Rogue 1]

Dazing Strike[Rogue 1]