D&D 4E David Noonan on 4E "Cloudwatching" (Added Dave's newest comment from his blog)

mmu1

First Post
Enkhidu said:
I'm curious as to how many editions of D&D you saw during the 2e era.

My only experience with D&D before 3E was a handful of sessions of 2E, so I don't have a clue about the "2e era".

mhensley

First Post
Wormwood said:
It's like someone opened the Ark of the Covenant over there.

melting_nazis_indiana_jones.jpg

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Glyfair said:
I don't know. I think he's just amused by the antics of those taking a very extreme position. I know that I am.

Oh, generally, I'm the same here. I'm just saying that his choice of metaphor and how long he went on talking about it could easily be dipped into the "dude, you're being a ****" pool.

I think mostly because it is a message that didn't need to be said.

--fje

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
hong said:
Dave Noonan sounds just a little pissed off.
And I guess that most people in his position would feel a little bit pissed off after spending some hours in D&D forums these days, IYKWIMAITYD...

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There's a subtle nuance that is missing from the blog post:

Moving the clouds and shaping the clouds are not the same thing. The new edition is coming, and we won't stop it. But many details of the new edition are yet to be written in stone, and may yet be influenced.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Umbran said:
Moving the clouds and shaping the clouds are not the same thing. The new edition is coming, and we won't stop it. But many details of the new edition are yet to be written in stone, and may yet be influenced.

Do you know about a playtest announcement that I do not know about?

Remove ads