• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Dawnforge] The Legends of the North - Healing the Heart of Winter

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
This game is being run for my face-to-face gaming group, and I will not be recruiting or accepting alternates at any point in time. Sorry. :(

The Legends of the North

Kharkel Forgefly - LG Male Dwarf Fighter 17 with legendary hammer Khartom

Dalia - NG Female Trueborn Sorcerer 5/Shamen 2/Geomancer 10 (effective arcane caster level 15), with raven familiar Edgar and eagle animal companion Lady

Jyll - Female "Wood Elf" Doppleganger Rogue 17

Hisss - LG Male Lizardfolk Fighter 5/Psychic Warrior 12

Verlomi - LG Female Yuan-Ti Ardent 16/Unbroken 1

Darvekis Shadowbane - NG Male Teifling Wizard (bonded aspect dominion) 17, with bat familiar Flitter

The Three White Crows - Guardian demon bound to the Heart of Winter, exact type unknown.

When we last left our intrepid heroes, they had, in the course of their adventures, raided an old tomb, rescued teifling wizard Darvekis, agreed to help the Kingsmarch, and traveled across Anderland to rescue Mirlona Starpiercer (who would help the Kingsmarch by creating magical bridges to unite the land). In their travels, they had discovered the Heart of Winter, a powerful magical artifact, and a massive quantity of starmetal. They rescued Mirlona from the clutches of the night elves, though Forgefly lost his life in the battle. He was resurrected in Emerlyn, and then the group returned to the Kingsmarch. Left with the Heart, the group tried to figure out what to do next.

Following some strange dreams from Darvekis, the group entered the bizarre Deviltop tower and encountered the madness within. Returning from that with a bit of madness and perhaps a bit of insight, the group decided to travel north to return the Heart to its rightful place. After getting information from a reluctant frost folk shamen, the group learned the dreaded Anlar Icefang wanted the Heart to extend his frosty reign to the soft southlands. If Anlar was alive when they returned the Heart to the glacier from whence it came, he would reclaim it. Thus, the group found themselves propelled upon a path to destroy Anlar's power.

Anlar was getting magic from subverted lizardfolk tribes in Tammerland, so the group traveled there to smash this link and stop Anlar from battening on their strength. Winning the favor of the immortal Sun Spirit, the group prevailed, and traveled back to the northlands. Collecting the Griffon Companies of Anderland, the group now turned to facing off against Anlar's next bastion of strength; the goblinoid, orc, and frost giant tribes.

While defeating the stranger denizens themselves, the folk of Anderland were behind them as their army. Many of the evil tribes were killed, forced to run, or intimidated into backing down as the Legends of the North marched onward. Now they face another place of great strength, the Tomb of Frozen Dreams. Here are many of the magicians Anlar captured in the northlands, and it is the Legends duty to free them.

Having just defeated the first guardians of the Tomb, the Legends must now face the dangers within...

~~~~~~~~~~

Ladies and germs, I need your exact alignment and class breakdown for above, because I don't have everyone's memorized. I'll have the IC thread up shortly, and the RG up after that. If you don't want to go to all of the trouble of putting your character sheet in the format I provide, then I'll need all relavent combat, save, and skill modifiers when you're attempting an action.

For example:

Darvekis examines the glowing rock carefully, examining the magical aura for any clues as to its function.

OOC: Darvekis has permanent arcane eye and a Spellcraft of +32.

Last edited:

Forgefly

First Post
Kharkel Forgefly

Kharkel Forgefly is a LG Dwarven Fighter 17 and generally one tough cuss.

If I have anything to say you'll know it by my blurple

Forgefly

First Post
Curse you blurple

That master of hiding, Jyll, has informed me that my blurple words are nearly at her level of hiding and so I will be switching to SandyBrown

Verlomi

First Post
Yes, he's so awesome he doesn't remember the awesome. As I recall, it had something to do with invading the city of T'roi...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ah yes, the frost giant city of T'roi, you remember it well! The Crows still sing about it in giggling tones at all the carnage that ensued.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads