• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Issue #3

Kangaxx

First Post
Corey Vinyard

Corey frowns but doesn't say anything as Lorenzo stops the car by the sentinels. As the others climb out he stays in the car for a moment just staring at the odd scene. These can't have been here long. The government would come get them. But if everyone else is out there it doesn't help much for me to stay in the car. ... I wonder what the inside of a sentinel looks like? After a couple minutes curiousity gets the better of Corey and he also goes to investigate.

Velmont

First Post
"I guess Kyle want to find the scanner in the sentinels." replies Andrew to Gabe. "I think he want them to protect us from the scan. Some kind of reverse engineering... dunno how he will do that, but if someone can do it, I guess it's him. For my part, I'll stretch my legs."

Andrew get out of the truck and looks around. His look stop on each person that he can see, trying to identify what they are doing there.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

"Why are we stopped?"

Eleyna stopped abruptly when she realized that Gabe's hand was slipping from hers. She was trying to move forward from the vehicle, and Gabe hadn't moved yet.

"What? Gabe... we gotta go... Kyle says he needs to find some parts for his... whatever the hell it is he's doing." She smiled reassuringly. "And we gotta talk to these people, and see if they can help us. They're living off Sentinel ruins, so they must know something about what happened here. Maybe they can help us!" Coming off more confident than she felt, she attempted to gently ease him out of the car. "C'mon, Gabe, it's gonna be... we're gonna be fine."

Gideon

First Post
Gabe

Gabe gives a weak smile as he slowly gets out of the car. He never lets go of her hand which makes getting down out the back seat a little tricky. He stays close to Eleyna, eyes darting from shadow to shadow trying to keep the whole world in his view.

"This is a bad idea. I just know it."

As they walked around a corner, Gabe nearly jumped out of his skin as the towering head of the robotic killing machine came into view.

"Really bad idea."

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

"Hey, Gabe, it's okay!" Feeling even more confident for some reason, she smirked at him. "Don't worry, if any Sentinels come 'round, I'll blow 'em apart like I did to my car!"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Kyle and Jenn made their way through the massive structures. They finally rounded a corner and saw something they recognized, the head of a Sentinel. At least that is what it once was. Kyle had to hold himself back from climbing right into one of the huge openings in the housing. Who knew what the insides would contain.

Andrew shuffled about near the vehicles, stretching out his limbs out of habit, not really realizing what he was doing. Corey and Lorenzo made their way over to him, taking in the scale of the scene before them. Lorenzo finally realized that Jenn and Kyle had made their way over to the ruins and were just turning out of sight.

Eleyna and Gabe made their way out of the truck and wandered towards the disaster that had been created some time ago. They wandered off the left side of the road, in a separate direction from the others, not really noticing how far they had gone. If they looked back they would see Lorenzo, Corey and Andrew in front of the vehicles and to their right, Jenn and Kyle were inspecting debris on the other side of the road.

A strained voice spoke from just behind Eleyna and Gabe. "Do I know you?"

Radiant

First Post
Jennifer Allen

KaintheSeeker said:
"Fair enough Jenn." Kyle says as he puts a reassuring hand on her shoulder and grins. "And if you need someone to just sit there and listen, I know I'll listen. Just don't push all that fear aside, we need a little to keep us from being reckless and stupid.." his smile vanishes as he finishes the statement. "like at the Gas Station. It's a scarey balance beteween bravery and reckless. We can't afford that anymore than we can afford totally scared."

He looks at the head. "Think it's an Alpha.. not sure what interation, have to find the access panel to get in and look. I will say this, ability to adapt and change to better meet their foes, aside.. the sentinel's have one power on the old heroes. It wasn't the tech that let them win, it was their ability to work towards a common goal. They got us with that focus." he sighs as he looks the ruined sentinel over. If he could find the right parts he could build a 'blanket shield' over one or both of the vehicles, possibly 2 of them so they could slip by undetected all the way to Canada.

"Don't worry about me I can still calculate risks. I just know we have to take some."
She carefuly steps through the wrecks, frowning as somethign slimy sticks to her pants.
"Of course some risks are just too much, this place is total hell for my outfit and it's not like I can just buy a new one right now. I tell you being on the run is so not going to be fun."

Gideon

First Post
Nuke261 said:
A strained voice spoke from just behind Eleyna and Gabe. "Do I know you?"

Gabe whirled about dropping Eleyna's hand and nearly sending a wave of sound into the stranger. He barely caught himself as he stared at the person who had spoken.

His hand frantically searched for Eleyna's. He had let go of his life line.

kid A

First Post
Eleyna Robertson

Startled, Eleyna turned around to see the source of the voice. She felt Gabe's nervousness and searched for his hand again, making sure he was alright. Looking at the person who spoke, Eleyna replied, "Who are you?"

Velmont

First Post
"Sentinels... Tanks... Seems a good combat that happen here, and the government lost it. Why didn't we heard about it? It should have been in the news, no?" asks Andrew, looking at Corey and Lorenzo.

Remove ads