DC Announces New Movie and TV Plans

MGibster

Legend
Doom Patrol is a real loss. Loved that show, but assumed that it would be canceled under the Zaslav reign of terror. Peacemaker, though? The indefinite hold is sad. Because indefinite often transmogrifies into ... never seeing again.
I kind of had a crush on the detective lady from Peacemaker, but it's not like she was going to be in the next season anyway. But it's too bad, I enjoyed Peacemaker quite a lot more than expected.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I kind of had a crush on the detective lady from Peacemaker, but it's not like she was going to be in the next season anyway. But it's too bad, I enjoyed Peacemaker quite a lot more than expected.

peacemaker-ha-yeah-okay.gif

(I wanted to use the Superman one ... but forum rules .... )

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Lost Paradise is clearly an James Gunn's attempt at creating a DC version of Game of Thrones (but also likely D&D maybe), a more fantasy/mythology story and setting, but I don't know if Thenysca is right for this, I mean what factions do the Amazonians really have?
A lot in recent comics. There are at least three major factions, maybe four. And this is further back in time, so they have the ability to invent a bunch of lost factions as needed.
Or will the factions be competing Greek Gods? Is it set on Themysica or before the Amazons moved to the Island and will there Tharion the Gargean Island for Men? I misspelled a lot of this so I will likely redo this post later.
Probably all of that.
I think they will likely have to really flesh out and reenvision Themysica, make it more then just a city state on an island for this to work.
You should check out a DC Comics wiki on all the crazy stuff they've had going on with Themiscyra in recent years, both in prequel comics and the whole family of Wonder Woman books now. Or just check out the first cover for the new creative team's first issue, which will show you that it's now a Wonder Woman Family book, with members of all four major factions represented.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don't know anything about "The Authority" but if the DCU wants a hard-R movie, they could likely revive WildC.A.T.S.. It would be a suitable CGIfest and the cartoon didn't really do much for it.
The Authority is a much better franchise. It contains a lot of OG Wildstorm DNA, but it's by an actual A-level writer, rather than a bunch of "how hard can writing be?" ex-Marvel artists, who were the folks behind the original Image Comics runs.

Both the original Warren Ellis runs (when he transitioned it from Stormwatch) and the later runs both wrestled with the power/responsibility issues of superheroes, but also geopolitics, fascism, wild cosmic stuff, etc.

If you haven't read them, I highly recommend picking up both the original Ellis Stormwatch/Authority runs and Planetary, which is kind of a sister book. (Planetary examines genre fiction generally, and is amazing, with stellar art by the great John Cassaday.)

And for folks worried about how the Authority fit into a non-Snyder-ized DCU, DC Comics has already mulled this over and has a probable answer. In Joe Kelly's "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way," Superman takes on a slightly exaggerated version of the Authority, definitively explaining how the Authority, and teams like them, are wrong. I would put money on seeing a Superman vs. the Authority movie in the future based on the comic.

Last edited:

The only one that really sparks for me is Booster Gold. My hope would be I'd be an opportunity to bring in some JLI era stuff. They may be limited in what they can do with Ted Kord and Guy Gardner because of other projects, but I'd love to see Fire and Ice show up.

The only one that really sparks for me is Booster Gold. My hope would be I'd be an opportunity to bring in some JLI era stuff. They may be limited in what they can do with Ted Kord and Guy Gardner because of other projects, but I'd love to see Fire and Ice show up.
Don't forget G'nortt! Plus, we know the Big Red Cheese is around, so maybe Zachary Levi could show up?

A lot in recent comics. There are at least three major factions, maybe four. And this is further back in time, so they have the ability to invent a bunch of lost factions as needed.

Probably all of that.

You should check out a DC Comics wiki on all the crazy stuff they've had going on with Themiscyra in recent years, both in prequel comics and the whole family of Wonder Woman books now. Or just check out the first cover for the new creative team's first issue, which will show you that it's now a Wonder Woman Family book, with members of all four major factions represented.
What are the four factions?

Remove ads