DC Announces New Movie and TV Plans

I don't remember the names, but basically, there's Diana's people, Artemis' people, Nubia's people and Yara Flor's people, and probably other groups I'm missing. (Yara Flor may actually be part of Diana's people and just living in the Brazilian Amazon.)

Here is the challenge with that Artemis people, Yara, Nubia's Amazons live in very different parts of the world and don't meet up since seperating from each other before the founding of Paradise Island until AFTER Wonder Woman has been born.

The Bana in particular have the problem as well of being still horrifically evil, I mean most of them are rapists, arms dealers, mercanaries, kidnappers, slavers, that keep men in breeding Stables. When they reunite with their sisters, none of them demand justice for the victims of the Bana and no one as far as I can tell can explain what happened to their men when Cicle teleports them to Paradise Island after the Egyptian army justly captures their city.

I don't think they want to go their if this is supposed to be more family friendly then the Jokerverse elseworld.

More likely I think is the Black Label version, where there are six tribes of Amazons on the Island, each created by a different Greek Goddess, Artemis, Hecate, Demeter, Athena, Hestia, and Hera. Problem here is that in this version there are all of 5 members of each tribe.

And I think if they are smart they will need to do Thalion as well if they want to avoid Amazon Rapist of men trope, which could turn into a nightmare if they don't. Maybe six tribes there too, Zeus, Hephaestus, Poisidon, Apollo, Hades, Hermes (they most likely will leave Ares out for obvious reasons, if he's a villian). A Male Amazonian Kingdom ruled by Achilles is not a bad way to get around rapist Amazonians, one kingdom gets the boys, the other the girls, not sure how they handle trans,maybe a third island where the two nations can meet and breed, and have it run by the trans Amazonians.

To complicate matters there are few other Amazon tribes in Greek myth that DC has shocklingly never touched. One is ruled by Hercule's Indian Daughter, off or on the Coast of India. Hercules gave her a crap load of Elephants and armies. Maybe its because in the myth the father daughter relationship gets gross even by Greek mythology standards. Pandae was her name and the name of her Kingdom. They could tweek the myth, remove the incest and age elements, and make it a mysterious hidden Queendom off the cost of India, or a province of Paradise Island maybe.

Then there is the Myth of the Amazonians of Lemnos (which was a sacred Island to Hephaestus and his sons and daughers, said to be where he landed). The women of Lemnos in one myth got mad and murdered their men, which might be a reason to avoid Lemnos.

Last edited:

Vael

Legend
The Authority ... vaguely interests me. I've only really read Ellis' first Volume, but it's an over-the-top kinda action that will be interesting on film. Also, Midnighter and Apollo as a queer superhero couple that are so clearly Batman and Superman parallels in the larger DCU will amuse me, if they're handled correctly. But as someone who's starting to burn out on Marvel, I have next to no interest in any of the other projects.

The Authority ... vaguely interests me. I've only really read Ellis' first Volume, but it's an over-the-top kinda action that will be interesting on film. Also, Midnighter and Apollo as a queer superhero couple that are so clearly Batman and Superman parallels in the larger DCU will amuse me, if they're handled correctly. But as someone who's starting to burn out on Marvel, I have next to no interest in any of the other projects.

Not even in Paradise Lost? It's sounds like it's not even a Superhero TV, more a fantasy thing like Game of Thrones and D&D.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
And for folks worried about how the Authority fit into a non-Snyder-ized DCU, DC Comics has already mulled this over and has a probable answer. In Joe Kelly's "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way," Superman takes on a slightly exaggerated version of the Authority, definitively explaining how the Authority, and teams like them, are wrong. I would put money on seeing a Superman vs. the Authority movie in the future based on the comic.
I'm mostly worried because the Authority as a concept works when it's used as a commentary/contrast on traditional superheroes, but Snyder's Justice League is already informed by the Authority and so there's no real contrast there. And future movies are going to be informed one way or the other by what Snyder was doing with the Justice League characters until everyone who remembers his movies are dead I suspect.

In fact I remember a discussion with a friend back when Batman v. Superman was out that if it were an Apollo/Midnighter movie with that kind of tone and even a modified version of the same story, I'd have been on board for all of it. His vision of the Justice League was basically "what if the Authority, but instead of being Justice League expys, we used the real League characters?" (And not that she's a WW expy, but that the scene at the party would have absolutely been better if it had been Jenny Sparks instead of Diana.)

Of course, nobody was going to pay Zak Snyder to make an Apollo vs. Midnighter movie.

I'm mostly worried because the Authority as a concept works when it's used as a commentary/contrast on traditional superheroes, but Snyder's Justice League is already informed by the Authority and so there's no real contrast there. And future movies are going to be informed one way or the other by what Snyder was doing with the Justice League characters until everyone who remembers his movies are dead I suspect.

In fact I remember a discussion with a friend back when Batman v. Superman was out that if it were an Apollo/Midnighter movie with that kind of tone and even a modified version of the same story, I'd have been on board for all of it. His vision of the Justice League was basically "what if the Authority, but instead of being Justice League expys, we used the real League characters?" (And not that she's a WW expy, but that the scene at the party would have absolutely been better if it had been Jenny Sparks instead of Diana.)

Of course, nobody was going to pay Zak Snyder to make an Apollo vs. Midnighter movie.

I think it will be compared to the Gunnverse Batman & Superman, not the Synderverse versions.

Remove ads