• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DC Comics Reboot

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
WAIT! Why does the Flashpoint 5 reveal seem familiar?

[sblock=House of M's Reveal]
HouseOfM_2005_007_scanA.jpg

HouseOfM_2005_007_scanB.jpg

House_of_M_Vol_1_7_page_14_Pietro_Maximoff_%28Earth-58163%29.jpg

[/sblock]

Damn
speedsters
mess everything up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Because speedsters changing time history? ;)
And it is always not the one you suspected? ;)

BTW, I hate the DC bashing on some other boards for doing a big ret-con and applauding Marvel for doing it better:

Clone Saga
Brand New Day

and in fear iself nearly all of Paris is killed and Tony Stark is drinking again...

With the IP struggle around Superman I think this changes have a good chance to last as they cannot easily change back to Supes old history.

What I dislike is the Cyborg in the JLA instead of the Martian Manhunter... but with Stormwatch he had maybe got the coller tem ;)

----

I also like the new costumes Jim Lee designed (and the way HE is drawing them). I would like to see his drawing of the Stormwatch team as I didn't like their designs not as much.

[sblock=Pictures]

stormwatch-1.jpg

STORM_Cv2_R1_asjkdlfyaosudf.jpg

STORMW_Cv3_dsajhfasd69.jpg

[/sblock]

Hear you can find covers and 'previews' on the stories covered in the first 3 issues of all 52 titles. Juust select the covers:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/the-new-52/

Last edited:

I suspect we won't find out who mystery woman is until some big crossover event. It's interesting they do show wildCATS on one panel showing the three separate timelines, since other than Grifter and Voodoo, there's no sign of them in the DCnU.

Don't know with what's with the explanation that those specific Vertigo characters were a separate timeline, as I was sure they were always sort of part of the main DCU.

As for Justice League I wish we got to see the modern lineup sooner, but I know they have to show how the band assembled. I think the highlight of that issue was Hal saying "You're not just some guy in a bat costume, are you?"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
BTW, I hate the DC bashing on some other boards for doing a big ret-con and applauding Marvel for doing it better:

Clone Saga
Brand New Day

No one applauds Marvel over those. True Marvel fans hate BND's Mary Jane is a cruel hearted female dog reveal (Ending your relationship via a reality warp so people would forget your husband's true identity because he can't handle people knowing who he is and to save his 70 year old aunt's life?!). Seriously... why didn;t Peter Parker run over to the X-Men (who he hangs out with) and solve his problems using their Healer who can fix a damaged human heart and their two Telipaths who are the strongest two telipaths on the entire planet?

What's even worse about the nU is that Marvel is starting to think "maybe we should reboot the 616 also."

and in fear iself nearly all of Paris is killed and Tony Stark is drinking again...
Fear Itself and anything Fraction writes is utter crap. I wish they would divorce X-men from Avenger Events their inclusion in Fear Itself event makes X-Schism fail.

If X-Schism happened after Fear Itself I could get why Coloss-naut would not want to wear his Juggernaut helmet while going into San Francisco... but I don't think that he would be defeated by a bunch of kids with head slugs... since he's now demon powered mutant capable of fighting Hulk to a standstill due to being a Juggernaut.

However, if X-Schism happened before or at the same time as Fear ITself then it doesn't make sense why "Team Stabby" would stick around Utopia to fight for Cyclops especially if Wolverine and him just fought against each other to a bloody pulp over whatever they are revealed to be fighting over
besides of Ide killing a bunch of mooks with her fire and ice powers since she wasn't trained to use her powers non-fatally and Cyclops decided not to instruct her how to defeat her enemies without killing them.

Even worse is the fact that in Fear Itself Wolverine is fighting in like 10 places at once and new Atlantis, which is located under the X-Men's base, was destroyed without the X-Men doing anything.

Overall.. as far as the nU is concerned, they better not touch the Endless.:rant:

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
No one applauds Marvel over those. True Marvel fans hate BND's Mary Jane is a cruel hearted female dog reveal (Ending your relationship via a reality warp so people would forget your husband's true identity because he can't handle people knowing who he is and to save his 70 year old aunt's life?!). Seriously... why didn;t Peter Parker run over to the X-Men (who he hangs out with) and solve his problems using their Healer who can fix a damaged human heart and their two Telipaths who are the strongest two telipaths on the entire planet?

Because Joe Quesada didn't like the fact Peter was married and this was there way of undoing it.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Because Joe Quesada didn't like the fact Peter was married and this was there way of undoing it.

Yeah... but there are so many other ways they could have undone it without resorting to the pressing the retcon 20+ years of history button. If Quesada really wanted to get rid of Mary Jane he should have killed her. Hel, if someone wanted to use MY five years down the road, resurrection is doable in the Marvel U.

Welverin

First Post
Yeah... but there are so many other ways they could have undone it without resorting to the pressing the retcon 20+ years of history button. If Quesada really wanted to get rid of Mary Jane he should have killed her. Hel, if someone wanted to use MY five years down the road, resurrection is doable in the Marvel U.

But that wouldn't solve the fundamental problem in his, and others, eyes and that's the fact that being married aged the character and that's what they disliked about it.

Walking Dad

First Post
But that wouldn't solve the fundamental problem in his, and others, eyes and that's the fact that being married aged the character and that's what they disliked about it.
I know becoming a husband aged me ;)

So they did it so he 'feels' younger? And what about Spideys Avenger time where he lived with her and his Aunt in the Avengers HQ?
Did that happen at all? The only thing I hate more than ret-cons are 'part-ret-cons'.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I don't see how "characters feeling old" is such an issue in comic books.

For instance, since I'm a X-fan... Age in the X-Universe is annoyingly inconsistant to the point of anyone complaining that "25 year old peter Parker getting married and having babies with Mary Jane makes him too old" is almost deserving of a blank stare and a shake of the head, followed by a "Really?!?"

Pixie went from 15 at the start of Messiah complex to 18 (or maybe 21) at the beginning of Manisfest Destiny. In Marvel universe time that was 3 weeks! In real time this happened over the course of one year.

Jubilee went from 20/21 during New Warriors to 19 (?!?!) in X-Men: Curse of the Mutants. This happened in the course of 2-3 years.

Emma Frost went from 45 to 30 to 60 to 25 to 29 to 27 to 24 then back to 27.

Magneto and Charles Xavier are annoying since they are teenagers during WWII yet are often written as if they are in their 40s/50s.. Even worse, is the fact that Obama is the current president of the us meaning that they should be in their 70s or 80s. Did I mention Magneto is currently being pushed into a relationship with Rogue, who is 24/27 (barf)?

Then there's the newest youngest member of the X-men... a 14 year old that often is drawn as a 20 year old.

/facepalm

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads