• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DC Comics Reboot

for me sofar

JL I give a 6 out of 10, good issue with alot of potential

JLI I give a 8 out of 10, great standalone issue, and funny

Action I give a 7 out of 10, lots and lits of potential, but a weird start...felt mor elike smallvile then action.

Detective fell flat, being a bat lover I refuse to rate it becuse I dont want to admit how much I disliked it.

Storm Watch was a suprise 7 out of 10 hit. I really love the great start of something I was afriad would not fit...

Static Shock OK issue 4 out of 10, I may give it one more issue to grab me.

Batgirl... ok I can;t fairly rate this fairly becuse stephanie got booted unfairly...so I guess I may not have given it a fair shake...but I disliked it...

catsclaw227

First Post
In case who haven't noticed, every one of the 52 issues has a cameo appearance of that mystery hooded woman who appeared in Flashpoint #5, saying that Flash should merge the timelines together. I was able to spot her in all the issues I got this week without help, except for Batgirl where she's obscured by bright light.
OMG -- I just went back through he first 13 and.... you are right!

Who is this woman?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
On the weekend I added both Men of War and Stormwatch to my collection. And this week, I picked up Deathstroke, Grifter, Legion Lost, Resurrection Man, and Suicide Squad.

I liked Action Comics, as Superman isn't Godlike yet and it was a fresh take on him. I normally wouldn't read anything about Superman if it wasn't for Grant Morrison, but even without him writing it would still be good one.
While I didn't love it, I did like it. Just not as much as Detective Comics #1.

Justice League International was alright, but wasn't as good as the other ones I picked up. Many of the characters are too stereotyped, even if it's a source of minor comic relief with basically Rocket Red and August General in Iron arguing, "Russia is so great!" and "No, China is awesome!"
I totally loved JLI. It was my favorite from the Sept 7 releases. Right up there with DC 1 and MoW 1.

Stormwatch is another favourite of mine, while some have unfairly tried to match it up against the previous Ellis run, I felt it was a good issue even if it may have had some awkward introductory expositional dialog. Some people would notably be disappointed that it is a complete reboot of everything that happened in the Wildstorm title. What's intriguing is that it reveals Stormwatch is a shadowy Torchwood like organization which is linked to another title Demon Knights which is coming up later, and apparently it's leaders are undead. It's full of strange ideas, and while it's mostly the Authority with Hawksmoor, Apollo, Midnighter, Jenny Quantum and the Engineer, it does take a little from other Wildstorm titles. I felt that the Projectionist may have been another version of the Drummer from Planetary and Martian Manhunter almost seems to be a replacement for Jackson King of the pre-Authority Stormwatch. Again the threat in this one seems to be linked to an oncoming threat to the DCU.
I bought the Stormwatch #1 for Martian Manhunter. However, I just didn't like the comic. It's characters didn't pull me in. Of course, I know NOTHING about SW beyond this new #1.

From this week, Suicide Squad was great! It beats out both DC 1 and JLI 1 as my favorite of the #1's I've bought so far.

I was looking forward to Grifter #1 but it was less interesting than I'd hoped it would be. I'm going to stick with it for the first story arc, regardless.

Resurrection Man #1 was very interesting as was Deathstroke #1. Deathstroke is a bad ass!! :devil:

Legion Lost #1 was good. It was also a little odd. But I expected that.

For next week, I will definitely be getting these...

Batman
Blue Beetle :D
Catwoman

And maybe one or two of these...

Birds of Prey
Nightwing
Red Hood and the Outlaws

Last edited:

catsclaw227

First Post
I'm totally new to comics after wanting to get into it most of my life. Just too much canon, so I am stoked about this reboot. It's for guys like me, too.

I bought all the comics so far in digital form, and I have most of them in print. I have no history to compare them too, I don't know what artists suck and which writers have done what to which characters.

So far, of the first 13, I liked: Animal Man, AC-1, Stormwatch, JLI, Swamp Thing, Batgirl, and the rest were fun, but not as "OMG!!"

Walking Dad

First Post
The Green Lantern lines kept much of it's canon. The ones you liked would have been my suggestion for a 'fresh' start.

I have to say I really liked Stormwatch. The team is more like the Authority (the Warren Ellis run) than the normal Stormwatch team and they included my all time favorite hero:
the Martian Manhunter.

Welverin

First Post
I don't know what artists suck

You'll figure this out as soon as you look at them.

and which writers have done what to which characters.

This will take some reading to figure out.

All I've read so far are Action Comics, Detective Comics, and Justice League. I liked each of them.

I plan on giving each of the Bats and GL books a try along with Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Mr Terrific. Maybe Animal Man based on some comments I've seen.

Mallus

Legend
So far, I've really enjoyed Animal Man, Swamp Thing, and, surprisingly, Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.DE, a title I never would have read except for io9 gushing about it.

I wasn't wowed by Morrison's Superman, but I'll keep reading it. I have faith in Grant, though I suspect he won't be able to top All-Star Superman.

I wanted to like Stormwatch, but I realize I'm only a fan when Ellis or Millar are writing it, and that it was something of a book for it's time, not the sort of thing that can bear a long, ongoing series.

Walking Dad

First Post

I wanted to like Stormwatch, but I realize I'm only a fan when Ellis or Millar are writing it, and that it was something of a book for it's time, not the sort of thing that can bear a long, ongoing series.

We will see. It was good enough for me to get the next few issues (but I dislike the costume design of the Midnighter and the Martian Manhunter looks... unusual. But better than his last change.).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads