• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DC Gameday VII -- October 9th and 10th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Causey

Explorer
Yay! I got my game posted for Saturday AM. I have a good deadline for getting my Arabian-themed classes finished.

EDIT: Is Saturday AM already full at 6 tables? Should I move to another time slot?

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
Yay! I got my game posted for Saturday AM. I have a good deadline for getting my Arabian-themed classes finished.

EDIT: Is Saturday AM already full at 6 tables? Should I move to another time slot?
Nah, keep your game where it is -- I'm moving my Fiasco game to "tentative" so you'll have space to do yours (which will likely be more popular AND you *might* consider stretching yourself to run a 6-player game :) ).

Mark Causey

Explorer
Well, I know AIM is looking to move the Cthulhutech game to that slot. I could move to Sunday AM to switch if he (?) would like.

madwabbit

First Post
Holy crow! I guess I missed the game submission date. :lol:
It happens -- if you've got a burning desire to run something, by all means, submit it. You can always pull it down if you don't get enough folks.

In re: the number of games per session, the TOP WOMEN AND MEN involved have determined this:

1) We don't really want to tell anyone they can't run a game if they want to, but...

2) There's a limitation on space: in the space we KNOW we have, we can run six tables of 6-7 people comfortably, seven tables at a squeeze, and eight assuming we put a table or two outside in the decently wide hallway next to the conference room. At the seven level, the room gets kinda close, similar to what most of typically experience at a big con in the large rooms with the big tables packed into them -- workable, but NOT ideal. Although...

3) ... we might luck out and get the big conference room we've had before, if the AFT has no other event going on there, which means we've got a lot more space to spread the tables out, up to eight easily.

So, with that in mind, be forewarned that we might have to squeeze folks in snugly, but hopefully not uncomfortably close. Certainly, we hope no one will have issue with this, as our alternatives for other space as ideal as this are essentially nil, and this event has grown considerably more popular in the past year or two than we'd anticipated.

Which is a good thing, I think ... the kind of problem we don't mind having.

WITH THAT SAID, maybe Sunday is still a good day for folks to post games if they're still considering doing so. ;)

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
Attention GMs: As a reminder (and to live up to my title of Gameday Nazi): please make sure you get any schedule changes or switch-arounds you may be considering made as soon as possible, preferably by tomorrow night. Registrations open up on Friday, and it would be super sweet for all involved if the schedule is in solidified form in advance of the signup window so that folks can make their plans.

Thank you for you attention to this matter.

Keep Calm And Carry On.

Seonaid

Explorer
Attention GMs: As a reminder (and to live up to my title of Gameday Nazi): please make sure you get any schedule changes or switch-arounds you may be considering made as soon as possible, preferably by tomorrow night. Registrations open up on Friday, and it would be super sweet for all involved if the schedule is in solidified form in advance of the signup window so that folks can make their plans.

Thank you for you attention to this matter.

Keep Calm And Carry On.
I'd rep ya for this, but I can't hit you again so soon. :(

Thanks for all of your work, Tom!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads