• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DC/MD/VA Gameday III - 18 October 2008

The_Universe

First Post
The third semi-annual ENworld National Capital Area Gameday will be held on 18 October 2008 in the second floor party rooms at 2800 Quebec St. NW, Washington, DC, a short walk from the Cleveland Park Metro.

Join fellow adventure, storytelling, and role-playing gamers here in the nation’s Capital for a fun-filled day of games. The event is free to all participants (at least for now) thanks to the generous support of the gameday organizers.

GM Registration for the Fall 2008 Gameday will open on 4 September; Player registration will open up on 18 September. please visit our forums to sign up, or check out www.dcgameday.com for more information!

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like fun. Do you all need any help with the day?
I believe that the organizers have things well in-hand, and I'd accordingly suggest that the best thing you could do to help would be to start thinking about the kinds of games that you'd like to run or play. That said, you never know when additional assistance could be helpful, so...what do you have in mind?

Tancread

Explorer
Help

I believe that the organizers have things well in-hand, and I'd accordingly suggest that the best thing you could do to help would be to start thinking about the kinds of games that you'd like to run or play. That said, you never know when additional assistance could be helpful, so...what do you have in mind?

Anything that needs a hand really. I was going to put up a game session but if you all need a hand setting up tables or shoveling snakes from the pit traps I am happy to help. I have put on a number of small events over the years and sometimes an extra pair of hands or two can be helpful. Give a yell if it is, otherwise I will see about running a session and possibly playing one as well.

The_Universe

First Post
Anything that needs a hand really. I was going to put up a game session but if you all need a hand setting up tables or shoveling snakes from the pit traps I am happy to help. I have put on a number of small events over the years and sometimes an extra pair of hands or two can be helpful. Give a yell if it is, otherwise I will see about running a session and possibly playing one as well.
Couldn't you run a game and help with the Snake Shoveling? We lost Ted Jenkins last year in an unfortunate poison dart accident, and he's really been our go-to guy for trap construction.

The room typically opens around 9am, so you'd have plenty of time to handle the vipers without interfering with the playing or running of a game. ;)

Tancread

Explorer
Couldn't you run a game and help with the Snake Shoveling? We lost Ted Jenkins last year in an unfortunate poison dart accident, and he's really been our go-to guy for trap construction.

The room typically opens around 9am, so you'd have plenty of time to handle the vipers without interfering with the playing or running of a game. ;)

No worries, I can do vipers or constrictors. Trick is to slap them first so they are good an ornery.

catsclaw227

First Post
The third semi-annual ENworld National Capital Area Gameday will be held on 18 October 2008 in the second floor party rooms at 2800 Quebec St. NW, Washington, DC, a short walk from the Cleveland Park Metro.
What is at that address? It looks like a hotel or dorm room or something like that. Is that a hotel next door as well?

EDIT: And isn't the NC Gameday right around that time? I can't recall when that is taking place, but I wanted to go (for the first time) because, well, I live in the area.

Buuuuuut... I HAVE been trying to get up to DC for a while now.

Last edited:

Remove ads