DC TV and tiny cells

Ryujin

Legend
Naw, just use "frack" all the time and get fined - use the paper notificaations to wipe with!

I can just picture Katee Sackoff doing that :D

"What is WRONG with this thing? Flush, damn you, FLUSH!"

"By your command."

"Wha...AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHH!"

[video=youtube;0ccKPSVQcFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccKPSVQcFk&sns=em[/video]

The new Cylons are more stealthy. The expression "Roto Rooter" comes to mind, for some reason.

Nytmare

David Jose
Tangent: I have to say, even though I was never a huge fan of OBSG, I always liked the Cylons- among my favorite "alien" menaces of all time. I think they're still in my top 5 of mechanical antagonists, alongside the Daleks, Replicators, Terminators and (new) Cybermen.

Continuing the tangent, The Borg didn't make your top 5?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Continuing the tangent, The Borg didn't make your top 5?

Nope. They came in at 7 (of 9). ;)

But seriously, they got edged out of my top 5, quite possibly for being too visually human. That definitely was a factor in knocking the NBSG Cylons out.

Plus, IMHO, the reworked Cybermen did a better job with the "assimilation" theme. Borg were too varied. Piecemeal replacement of parts resulted in too many variants to visually imply the cold efficiency of machine logic. Making all assimilated beings conform to the Procrustean mold that is the one and only standard Cyberman design is much more in keeping with that horror.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
for Danny:

Attachments

• Picard facepalm 2.jpg
    Picard facepalm 2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 93

Remove ads