DCC#8(IC):: Mactire's Misfits

Dragonwriter

First Post
Gar has to mightily resist reaching for the chest with his four massive arms. He stands, gives a half-bow to the Matron Mother and starts walking, saying quietly to himself, "East, she says. Great directions... And I'll never get how they know north from their noses down here..."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Seilg's eyes light at the sight of the coins and gems. "Well, that seems to be about the right price, Lady. East, you say? Nothing more detailed? Oh, well . . . a walking we will go, I guess."

With that, the dapper dwarf turns and follows Gar.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

The drow priestess looks over the assembled creatures before her with a harsh glare from her blazing red eyes, partially covered by her mane of long, white hair.

She had seen many things in her time, but the multi-armed thing was quite foreign to her.

Seeing a drow male was somewhat of a relief, but still kept her on guard -- she had had an occasional run-in with a drow male who had political and social savvy. But most of the times, they soon cowered before her.

The dwarf appeared to slip beneath her radar -- nothing about him rung an alarm bells.

She nodded a goodbye to the Matron mother, then followed behind the others, acting bored and indifferent, but listening intently, gauging their every move and word.

[sblock=HM]

HM - what is my relation to the Matron Mother? Do I have any vested interest in the Matron Mother's aspirations?

[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Telos nodded to himself, muttering somewhat incoherently on theories until the other Drow woman was presented. Being himself more progressive than others for the most part, he bowed as a sign of respect and acknowledgement of the addition, nodding faintly.

"Yes, yes. Males are so much less reliable than females... based on hearsay..." He mumbled at the insinuation of his unreliability. However, he smiled somewhat pleasantly at the woman, nefore his expression became blank musing once more. "Well, let's be off to randomly search the 'east' for clues as to this ship that might well kill us all!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Leaving the Matron Mother's abode the group enters the main cavern and compound of House Cadryenne. The home/cathedral of Laurossil (the matron mother), is carved fom the side of the cavern wall to look like a giant stone web. There are numerous outer buildings and structures. Most of these are forbidden to outsiders and only one The Tempest, a place where travelers can stay, will even tolerate anyone not of House Cadryenne.

To the west the main "road " leads to Gloomveil a drow city and power center, and to the east is the central cavern and nexus point that connects House Cadryenne to other areas of the underdark.

[sblock=ooc]The Tempest will have a few basic suppiles and goods should you need anything during the game. Also you may be able to buy potions from the temple located in the Matron Mother's home. [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The party heads out and away from the compound to wards the eastern cavern. They take a smooth tunnel at first but it soon becomes a rough and natural slope. it takes the party nearly an hour till they arrive at the destination "east".

Code:
[I][COLOR=darkorange]The underground vista from this natural balcony is so beautiful that surface[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] dwellers simply cannot imagine it. If they knew of wonders such as this[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] cavern, they would surely come below and attempt to steal it away from[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] the inhabitants of the deep places.[/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=darkorange]From this vantage point, the entire cavern can be seen in a faint green and[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] purple light, illluminated by the patches of glow moss below. The cavern[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] streches well beyond the edges of the light. It is over one hundred feet [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]from floor to ceiling, reaching over one hundred fifty feet high in some places.[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] Stalactites and stalagmites reach like skeletal fingers from floor and ceiling[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] to meet each other, creating coulmns of red and black basalt or green and[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] white limestone.[/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=darkorange]The constant sound of distant dripping water echoes throughout the cavern.[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] The occasional bat swoops down to pluck a small lizard off arock, and a rat [/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange]scurries along the pasty clay floor, searching for mushroom spores to eat.[/COLOR][/I]

[I][COLOR=darkorange]Five large tunnels are known to exit this cavern, away from House Cadryenne,[/COLOR][/I]
[I][COLOR=darkorange] like a delicate drow hand reaching into the underdeep.[/COLOR][/I]

[sblock=ooc] Things writin and put into a code box will be out of the module. This cavern is about 500 feet wide and 1,100 feet long. The tunnels I will mark as follows:

Upper North--unexploered
North--unexploered
Center--unexploered
South--unexplored
Lower South--unexplored

Let me no a direction please. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Well ladies, any suggestions? I'm thinking we start with the Upper North and work our way 'round."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 63/63     AC: 20   AC(T): 14   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +04    ST(F):+04   ST(R):+10    ST(W):+03

BAB: +06/+01          Grapple:+08

Weapon                        Attack    Damage      Critical   Special
Rapier (+1)                    +09      1d6+03      18-20/x2   20% Miss
Punch Dagger (+1)              +09      1d4+03         20/x3   20% Miss
Composite Shortbow             +10      1d6            20/x3
Dagger                         +10      1d4+02      19-20/x2
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Gar's four arms shrug in unison. "Mayswell."

The hulking human digs an everburning torch out of his haversack and ties it onto the worn pack. He'd rather not be blind, even if it does let others know they're coming.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil crosses her arms and shakes her head.

"If you won't put that thing out, then you jeopardize all of our positions."

She then heads off to the upper northern tunnel, her senses alert, and footstops quiet.

[sblock=OOC]
Move Silently +15, Hide +10, Listen/Spot +10. Darkvision 120'.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Telos muttered to himself, looking about as well. He looks at Gar momentarily as the other Drow spoke.

"We most certainly don't need the light, with the exception of Gar here. So long as we can be reasonably certain Derrenil will warn us of any approaching threat, we are much better off in the dark..."

Of course, the Sorceror was not particularly worried either way. His vision extended farther in the light, which allowed him to see a threat coming and affect it from a longer range. However... the majority of his talents work as far as he himself could see in the dark, so the light was no major boon.

"As for our direction, allow me to gaze about briefly..." As he did so, the Drow allowed the magic in his blood to empower his vision, seeking the traces of magic anywhere about himself.

[sblock=OOC]
Telos is using his "Detect Magic" ability, and will concentrate as long as he needs to. Though, if the group moves, he will move with them, continuing to search diligently for any traces of magic to point them out to the others.[/sblock]

Remove ads