lll l l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Map Key:
D= Derrenil
S= Seilg
T= Telos
G = Gar
X = direction ground shaker coming from
l.l = difficult terrian
l l = magical green glow area (you may enter that area)
l l = wall or column impassable terrian(may not enter that square)
one square equals 5'

Height off ground:
ground lvl; 10' - 20' - 30' - 40' - 50' - 60' - 70' - 80' - 90' - 100'

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Gar's eyes flash with a blue light for a second as he reaches out and taps Seilg's shoulder. "Step outta the way a bit. Lemme rush the thing."

Gar flexes his four arms as the claws upon them seem to grow and even sharpen...

[sblock=OOC]
Readying action to charge (with Pouncing Strike, so I get all four claws on the attack) once the creature comes into view, if Seilg is out of the way.

Also, I'm in a Tiger Claw stance, so the Synergy bonus from Bloodclaw Master applies (forgot to declare it before...). If you don't mind me declaring it now, HM, I'm getting a +1 Dodge bonus to AC.

Shifting Essentia points (swift action) to place 4 in my Girallon Arms (+4 to attacks and damage, and +10 total bonus on Climb and Grapple checks) and 1 in my Lammasu Mantle (+1 on saves against evil creatures' abilities and SLAs).

Statblock:
Gar AC 22 (24 against Evil), HP 128/128; Fort: +13, Ref: +9, Will: +2 (all get +1 against Evil)
If IC isn't back up by the time we get this started, Gar's attacks are these:
4 Claws at +15 bonus, dealing 1d4+8 damage each and are treated as magic weapons.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Coming into the clearing and still shaking the ground around it is a massive earth elemental. It's large body looks like a boulder givin two squat legs and two massive arms. The green glow gives the appearance that grass maybe growing on and about the beast before you. It comes to a halt near the center of the clearing, and starts to move in a small circle cleary searching for something or someone.

[sblock=combat]
Code:
Character                  HP      AC         IN HAND/CONDITION
Derrenil                   61      24         poison vial/---
Seilg                      63      20*        punching dagger&rapier/---                          
Telos                      42      18         ---/DR 2/cold iron
Gar                       128      21         claws/Tiger Stance
Earth Elemental-Large      68      18         ---/---
* = 50% Miss chance
[/sblock]

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil

"Dammit," curses the elf in her mind,"This poison is useless."

She quietly puts it back into her haversack with her off-hand while she remains quiet in the shadows of the rock.

[sblock=OOC]
Put vial of poison back into haversack, remain hidden (Hide +10)

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Seilg

The dwarf is also cursing silently. Hmmm. No vulnerable points there. Mebbe I'll just wait a bit 'till I can see where I'll be useful.

He quietly shifts so that Gar will have an unobstructed line to charge.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Gar stifles a throaty growl. He sees his allies doing nothing, which puzzles him. Here is a foe, and they stand there, no hide like prey. Thank the gods they weren't in the true jungle, or the Tiger (or worse) would have made a meal of them by now...

Gar whispers to Seilg, "Come in after me. Try to get around it. Most things don't fight as well with a foe on either side. We'll see if this rocky giant is the same way...

With that, Gar rushes to the attack, bringing his four claws about in a whirling fury! He also tries to latch onto the stone monster and wrestle it to the ground.

[sblock=OOC]
Gar AC 22, HP 128/128. (AC is -2 now for charging)
Essentia (pool: 5): 4 points in Girallon Arms, 1 point in Lammasu Mantle.

(IC is down, so I need you to roll for me, HM.)
Charging the elemental and expending Wolf Fang Strike for a full attack on the charge, 4 claws. Claw 1 is at +17, Claws 2, 3 and 4 at +15. All do 1d4+8 damage, except Claw 4, which I'm using for a Grapple attempt (with Improved Grapple).
So, Claw 4 is +15 touch. My Grapple bonus is +25 (7 BAB, 4 STR, 10 Girallon Arms, 4 Imp. Grapple). Let's hope this works...
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
End Round 1

Gar rushes out after Seilg steps aside. The huge earthly beast turns to the rushing it senses and sends out a massive arm that glances against the totem warriors gut. The blow stuns Telos as he thinks what such a strike would do to him. Derrenil curses at their luck to draw a such a beast from those that travel the underdeep. Everyone watches as the savage warrior tears chunks from the rock creature to little effect. Gar then looks to wrap his arm's around the beast to no effect.
[sblock=Map]
l l l l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lcl l.l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l.l l
lal l l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l.l.l l l l.l l
lvl l l l l l l l l lSl l l l l l l.l.l l l l l.l
lel l l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l.l l l l l l
lrl l.l.l.l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lnl l l.l.l.l l lGl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
l lDl l l.l.lElLlEl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lTl l l l l lMlElNl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lwl l l l l lTlAlLl l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l
lal l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l

Height off ground:
ground lvl; 10' - 20' - 30' - 40' - 50' - 60' - 70' - 80' - 90' - 100' [/sblock]

[sblock=combat]
Code:
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Character                        HP      AC        IN HAND/CONDITION[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Derrenil                           61      24         --- /---[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Seilg                               63      20*       punching dagger&rapier/---[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Telos                              42      18         ---/DR 2/cold iron[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Gar                               [COLOR=orange]113 [/COLOR]     [COLOR=orange]19[/COLOR]         claws/Tiger Stance -2AC charge[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]Earth Elemental-Huge       [COLOR=orange]138[/COLOR]      18         ---/---[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]* = 50% Miss chance[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Anyone notice the dramatic change in the elementals HP?? Messed up this is a huge (not a large) elemental hope noone minds that I goofed :p

Rolls:
Roll Lookup
Roll Lookup
Roll Lookup
Roll Lookup

I also goofed on the grapple check should be 44 for the elemental not 40[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Gar snarls, but otherwise ignores the blow the rocky beast lands on him. He looses a bloodcurdling howl as he grabs onto the stone monster and heaves himself up, at the same time pushing off from the ground with a powerful jump. He leaps up and over the elemental, slashing at the top of it as he passes over. Then he lands on the opposite side, his four claws shining with a blue glow.

[sblock=OOC and Rolls]
Are we adding a posting timer, so to speak, to this game, HM?

Using the Death From Above maneuver against the elemental. Allows DC 20 Jump check. If successful, make single attack, opponent flat-footed, with 4d6 extra damage. Then land in any square adjacent to foe, within 20 feet of starting point. Just jumping straight over it, landing directly to the south of its' center.
Jump, Attack, Damage: 32, 33, 25. So that should be another 20 damage, after DR applies.

Gar AC 22 HP 113/128.
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Telos frowns at the attack on the elemental, preferring to have simply let it move on about it's business rather than assault such a behemoth. However, such was not to be with Gar in the party. Luckily his attack kept the creature withing firing range, however. Channeling the eldritch power in his veins, he imbued part of it with the horrors and chaos of the Fey, or of the Abyss, Telos wasn't sure which it was exactly, before forming it into a bolt which flew towards the elemental.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Frightful Blast 1d20+10=18, 3d6+1=1518 Attack versus touch AC; DC 17 Will Save vs Shaken Condition for 1 minute
Note: I included the +1 accuracy and damage for the elemental being within 30' of Telos. If I made a mistake, just knock one off Attack and Damage.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Winking in and out of visibility, Seilg makes his way quickly around the struggling forms of Gar and the behemoth and sets himself up for a flanking strike. His whip-like rapier flicks out and appears to penetrate the elemental's side, but becomes incorporeal just as it connects. Recovering quickly the dapper dwarf shoves his Katar deep into the creature's thigh.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]To Hit (1d20+9=22, 1d20+9=28)
Miss Chance (1d100=17, 1d100=40)
Damage (1d4+3=5)

Can't actually attack twice when he moves (thanks for reminding me, HM) but as HM said DR 5/- means 'no harm no foul.'[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 63/63     AC: 20   AC(T): 14   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +04    ST(F):+04   ST(R):+10    ST(W):+03

BAB: +06/+01          Grapple:+08

Weapon                        Attack    Damage      Critical   Special
Rapier (+1)                    +11      1d6+03      18-20/x2   20% Miss
Punch Dagger (+1)              +11      1d4+03         20/x3   20% Miss
Composite Shortbow             +12      1d6            20/x3
Dagger                         +12      1d4+02      19-20/x2
[/sblock]

Last edited: