DCC#8 (IC):: Spectres

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"House Sorethin is weak," the Matron Mother replies in disgust. "A rival we crushed long ago, but they have been rebuilding in the east. Start with them if you wish, I care not." She then pauses to think.

"I do remember the rumor of a powerful wizard within House Sorethin, a male. If you go to House Sorethin bring back news of any strengths or weaknesses you find."

bedford

First Post
"I say we start our hunt, ehm I mean quest at the wild caverns to the east We may still be able to track our enemies from there."

Voadam

Legend
Arne smiles and bows to the Matron mother, ignoring the winged purple shadow demons he sees that constantly wrap themselves around and grope the drow calling out to him to launch crossbow bolts into the pulsing life veins of their exposed necks. "Very good Matron."

Voadam

Legend
Arne bows to the drow who will accompany them. "Lady Dinbelar, heh, a pleasure and honor to serve, heh. If you desire us to be unseen by the others do you have resources to draw upon to cloak us in darkness? I am happy, heh, to proceed in shadows, heh, but my armor does stand out. Drow cloaks are highly regarded for their shadow natures."

Zap - Dark hearted pixie

You can stay in the back and I’ll bring news to you.
The pixie replies
As you can see...
The pixie vanish from sight and after a moment pop again on the other side of Arne
...My abilities are giving me the advantage of being unseen and unheard.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
By using Zaps skill to scout ahead and their own "mundane stealth" abilities, the group manages to leave the citadel of the Matron and exit the city undetected.

Reaching the tunnel that leads to the great eastern cavern the party travels without incident to the starting point of their quest.

Code:
[COLOR=sienna][I]The underground vista from this natural balcony is so beautiful that surface[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]dwellers simply cannot imagine it. If they knew of wonders such as this[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]cavern, they would surely come below and attempt to steal it away from[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]the inhabitants of the deep places.[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]From this vantage point, the entire cavern can be seen in a faint green and[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]purple light, illluminated by the patches of glow moss below. The cavern[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]streches well beyond the edges of the light. It is over one hundred feet [/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]from floor to ceiling, reaching over one hundred fifty feet high in some places.[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]Stalactites and stalagmites reach like skeletal fingers from floor and ceiling[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]to meet each other, creating coulmns of red and black basalt or green and[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]white limestone.[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]The constant sound of distant dripping water echoes throughout the cavern.[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]The occasional bat swoops down to pluck a small lizard off arock, and a rat [/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]scurries along the pasty clay floor, searching for mushroom spores to eat.[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]Five large tunnels are known to exit this cavern, away from House Cadryenne,[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=sienna][I]like a delicate drow hand reaching into the underdeep.
[/I][/COLOR]

[sblock=ooc] Things writin and put into a code box will be out of the module. This cavern is about 500 feet wide(east/west) and 1,100 feet long(north/south). The tunnels I will mark as follows:

Upper North--unexploered
North--unexploered
Center--unexploered
South--unexplored
Lower South--unexplored

Let me no a direction please. [/sblock]

bedford

First Post
Gulon starts examining the ground of the cave and the start of every tunnel for clues. He keeps sniffing the air and searching the ground for quite some time.

OOC: spot+12, survival +10, track feat.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Gulon starts examining the ground of the cave and the start of every tunnel for clues. He keeps sniffing the air and searching the ground for quite some time.

OOC: spot+12, survival +10, track feat.

"That seems very professional." D'ryll says, waiting what Gulon may find.

Remove ads