• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DCC Known World

Lucias

First Post
My GenCon shopping ninja still has it for me. I'm leaving to pick it up in but a few, short minutes.

I'm bristling with anticipation.

The Cardinal

First Post
AAAARGH! September will be my undoing:

DCC Known World
Enchanted Arms (XBox360)
Dead Rising (XBox360)
Just Cause (Xbox360)
BSG Season 2.5 DVD box

JoeGKushner

First Post
I wonder if they'll be selling replacement boxes in case of accidents? I know that back in the day I would've loved to have had some replacement boxes for the old books.

bento

Explorer
The Cardinal said:
AAAARGH! September will be my undoing:

DCC Known World
Enchanted Arms (XBox360)
Dead Rising (XBox360)
Just Cause (Xbox360)
BSG Season 2.5 DVD box

And
Lego Star Wars II (all platforms)
Avatar the Airbender Season One DVD box set
Godzilla - Gojira Deluxe DVD Collectors edition

Yes, a quite expensive month...

DM_Jeff

Explorer
crazy_cat said:
Details please, we need details and we need them now. Not having had time to read it yet is not in any way a valid excuse! :)

Heh! Lets see, there's a player's book, it's really thick, and gives a player reference for the world. The DM's book is even thickerer, and contains the boatload, building on the stuff in the Player's book without repeating the info.

There are two full size DCC adventures in there, one for 0-level PCs again and one for PC's 4-6th level, IIRC. There are maps for the DM in varrying degrees of detail, and one for the players with hardly any detail at all, perfect for keeping the world a mystery. All the maps are full-color. The players map is more artsy than accurate, another bonus in my book.

More details? The designers were very pleased with how all the DCC's up till now fit into place to build the world mythology. And there is an index of every named...EVERYTHING from every DCC module up to print (#30 at the time of writing I think). So far I'm very impressed. Will read more tonight.

-DM Jeff

Treebore

First Post
Cardinal,

you want it. no doubt. The only thing I can even kind of complain about is the mountains are represented with "modern" cartography.

Its beautiful with great material.

Packing tape the corners and seems of the box! My GH box set has lasted for over two decades now.

Remove ads