• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDM Lives! Through Official Fan License.

darjr

I crit!
The Guild miniature, which is a tribute to Gary Gygax, will be manufactured by the Guild, not by WotC.

Sorry, my misunderstanding.

It's very cool. And another reason to get my bad self to GenCon.

I posted, and corrected, the item at the Gygax Games forum.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
There was an immemdiate drop in prices when ddm2 was announced, for some minis. There was another dip as ddm2 was executed early on, but it was smaller. I believe there has been one more small dip.

But, for the most part, DDM prices are driven by roleplayers (with a few exceptions). This licensing may keep some prices from dropping, but I don't know. Actually, I think it likely that the prices of goblins, orcs, and kobolds may go up, slightly. There will be less minis per box, at a higher price. That implies to me that prices per mini will need to go up, on the secondary market. I also think some secondary market re-sellers may bite the dust, but I'm not sure. It's my prediction that prices will stablize toward the more expensive end of on-line sellers, and that we'll lose the super great deals at the low end.

There have been less collections sold off than many expected, since the announcement. I think that shows that those with large collections (like me), are either only RPG/collectors, or if also DDM players also colletors/DMs (with some exceptions).

JohnnyQuest

First Post
DDM Guild Email Update

Everyone who signed up for the Guild email list should have received an email update yesterday. If you haven't the best thing to do is send an email to ddm dot guild at gmail dot com, and I'll fix you up.

Mokona

First Post
At the beginning of D&D Miniatures there was a policy where Wizards of the Coast provided official links between Chainmail miniatures and DDM. This allowed you to use your Chainmail version of a DDM figure in tournaments or just have a little variety on the battle map. :cool:

Is it within the Guild's power to continue the old Wizards of the Coast policy of sanctioning DDM versions of old Chainmail figures? Perhaps even stat up the Chainmail figures in DDM 3rd edition and 4th edition based rules. :D

justanobody

Banned
Banned
What is this about crooked line targeting rules? I will no longer even lurk the WotC forums after Solice is gone so Tried is gonna need to come here or someone else to make sure you guys get everyone interested in what the Guild is doing....

JohnnyQuest

First Post
Is it within the Guild's power to continue the old Wizards of the Coast policy of sanctioning DDM versions of old Chainmail figures? Perhaps even stat up the Chainmail figures in DDM 3rd edition and 4th edition based rules. :D

Yes to both. These are decisions for our OP and Design Leads, but I'm pretty confident that we'll at least provide a Chainmail equivalency list.

Remove ads