• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDO: Stormreach wins BAFTA for best Multiplayer

GlassJaw

Hero
Huh, that's interesting. Good to see it getting some good press. I'm still digging it and Turbine is making a lot of improvements.

Henry

Autoexreginated
What improvements are they making of late? Given the initial round of grousing people had when it was first released, I would have thought it was last in line for an industry award, rather than first? I'm curious, because I no longer play MMORPG's, but I'm curious to see what people consider some of its really good perks.

GlassJaw

Hero
More quests, bringing rules more in line with PnP, cool features like the mail system and the favor system, etc.

Plus, Mod 3 (scheduled for release this month) is raising the level cap and adding a ton of new content.

They've also started to tone down the power level of some of the abilities as well, which has been a common complaint for a while.

werk

First Post
GlassJaw said:
More quests, bringing rules more in line with PnP, cool features like the mail system and the favor system, etc.

Plus, Mod 3 (scheduled for release this month) is raising the level cap and adding a ton of new content.

They've also started to tone down the power level of some of the abilities as well, which has been a common complaint for a while.

^that's pretty much what I'd say too.

more content, better content, more better features, and they are constantly tweaking the engine or whatever it's called...things work more like they are supposed to.

Improvements that I would make to make it far better -
#1 crafting
#2 more classes
#3 more races
#4 prestige classes
#5 crafting (the game really needs it)

werk

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
Have they opened up the gameplay at all? Or is it still one town with dungeons below it?

It all kinda is around Stormreach...harbor, market, houses (4), necropolis, graveyard, threnal, sorrowdusk, tangleroot, and other smaller adventure areas. It seems that every module adds a new area. The next one adds a rather large high level desert style area.

I guess I don't know what benefit having more areas would serve. I just want more quests.

werk said:
#5 crafting (the game really needs it)

IMO, crafting ruins MMORPGs. I wish it didn't, but I've yet to see one where there wasn't constant tension between the 'adventurers' and the 'crafters' that affected gameplay and was a sinkhole for the developers.

Remove ads