• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DDXP Heroic level monsters in PDF

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Hi all,

I have created a pdf of all the heroic level monsters (except the gloomblade and kobold archer[for my own reasons]) they are arranged in groups with Kobolds, Humans, Undead, Goblinoids, Gnolls and Others - each has a page to themselves. I tried to include all creatures revealed thus far (except for those mentioned above). If you know of any other heroic level monsters that have not been included please let me know and I will update the pdf.

The stat blocks are arranged in a similar manner to those seen in the pics from DDXP and should be much easier to follow now. I have reformatted as I saw fit although I have changed none of the numbers. (Except the Shadar-kai chainwielder as +44 vs. AC was a little high.)

The information includes that revealed on the back of the mini's cards although I did have to jump to a few conclusions on those eg. XP values etc.

Anyhow. My only hope is that I have not been beaten to the punch.

Edit: Added link to the post in which I uploaded the file.

Monsters

Last edited:

Hey there Kirnon_Bhale! :)

There are some compiled monster documents out there but none redone in the 4E format or so well put together. Thanks. :D

Any chance you'll get to the Paragon and Epic Tier monsters anytime soon?

Either way, great work. ;)

Edit: I should add that I don't think the Skeletal Tomb Guardian is actually elite, it doesn't have the action point, it doesn't have +2 to saving throws and its hit points don't follow the hp formula either.

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
Hey there Kirnon_Bhale! :)

There are some compiled monster documents out there but none redone in the 4E format or so well put together. Thanks. :D

Any chance you'll get to the Paragon and Epic Tier monsters anytime soon?

Either way, great work. ;)

Edit: I should add that I don't think the Skeletal Tomb Guardian is actually elite, it doesn't have the action point, it doesn't have +2 to saving throws and its hit points don't follow the hp formula either.
I will be getting round to the other higher ups soon but I had promised results earlier then this so just moved to get it out.

re: Skeletal Tomb Guardian: Looking at the abilities of the guy I would have to stick with elite even though he does not have those things you mentioned. I only copied the writeup so I am assuming that someone else saw the elite on the stat block of a picture etc. I would appreciate if anybody could confirm the details of the "Cascade of Blades" ability though.

breschau

First Post
Thank you so much. That's a wonderful job. I did notice that the Kobold Wyrmpriest has STR 9 (+0) instead of 9 (-1). I'm not sure if that's a error that slipped in on your part or if it was from the original, but it is inconsistent with what we know of abilities and modifiers as well as other monsters who are listed with 9 (-1).

Thank you again, wonderful job.

fafhrd

First Post
Kirnon_Bhale said:
Oh.... :confused: Why?

I am pretty sure that I said thanks to people who did the hard work of looking at the pictures? If not then .....Thank you :heh:
I think he has a parallel effort going on in the news forum.

Remove ads