Death Before Dishonor: A Knight's Guide (By lorduskblade)

Thacklamier

First Post
Ugh; I didn't realize where exactly I was posting, or what this thread really was. I see now that I'm unlikely to get a response and certainly not from the OP; Sorry. My question still stands below if anyone should happen to notice this...

Awesome stuff. Wish I had found this thread a month ago. But I have a question..."Knight Protector" doesn't seem to synergize too well with Knight because two of the main abilities require a marked target. Devoted Protector and Protector's Strike. I figured Devoted Protector is pretty much just dead in the water, but is there a "good" way to get a quick single target mark as a minor action that would allow a protector's strike when you need to drop in a bit of damage?

Last edited:

masteraleph

Explorer
Personally, I would avoid Knight Protector, which very likely kept its rating from the Fighter handbook rather than being repeated for the Knight. There are a couple of themes to get marking- Sentinel Marshal from Dragon 407 (technically an Eberron theme) and Vigilante from Dragon 426 would both work, and Fighters have Kirre's Roar, which is a reasonably good multi mark. MCing Paladin will get you one, and there are various racial feats. But like I said, I'd avoid Knight Protector as just not being a good Knight path.

Remove ads